Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kedashy View Post

good stuff....but it's sad watching this

Comment

Just looking at the interview you posted mmuh... This just shows you and everyone else how fragile our bodies are...

Comment

Don,t get me wrong muh... Gerald was complaining to a guy he was sparring with who hit him dead right in the face and gerald supposingly winched in pain and said don,t tell anyone so yea, he had the problem going into the fight and benn just brought it out...
        But you have to admit that this is circumstancial evidence right?

It's nothing like the casual correlations we have built for CHD or similar things.

Do you know of any scientists that have tracked things like this in boxing?

Anyway judging by your post it seems like Gerald was too brave for his own good.

Imagine the kind of names people would be calling him if Gerald threw in the towel at 3:00?

If I was there In the stadium on that night I would have shut him down for being a quitter. So would you.

If this NSB existed at the time posters would have been making threads like: "Gerald quiter McCLELLAN"

These are the double standards were are all guilty of employing over and over again.

Are we going to say the same thing about Victor Ortiz now?
        Last edited by Vadrigar.; 06-12-2010, 03:37 AM.

Comment

bump........................

Comment

He had a chin like ali... And a heart to match...

Comment

even when he was disabled, I could see the chrisma in Geralds face. He dosen't look sad at all.

Yes, it's a shame his chin and heart were his downfall.

He is a middleweight version of mike tyson and looks exactly like him.

Comment

what do you think about my post on double standards?

Comment

A fight where Benn literally had to give a man serious brain damage to win...
                  what warriors

Comment

Originally posted by We$ley View Post
                    His fights with Julian Jackson and brutal sparring sessions with Tommy Hearns may be to blame. He was already ****ed going into the Benn fight.
                    Don,t get me wrong muh... Gerald was complaining to a guy he was sparring with who hit him dead right in the face and gerald supposingly winched in pain and said don,t tell anyone so yea, he had the problem going into the fight and benn just brought it out...
                    Theres so much BS posted about Gerald's state before the fight with Benn...with posters saying that his sparring partners said he had problems before hand and other boxers...yet i have yet to read one interview yet where anybody has been quoted in backing up this !
                    This fight is one of only three fights i ever went to see live and ring side with my father....so since then i read every article about it and obviously i have seen the fight many times since then !
                    For me when fools state that McClellan only lost because of the ref or Benn cheating completely rubbishes the epic fight/battle both of these brave men was in !
                    Both took immense punishment ...i don't think theres ever been a fight as savage as this...it was kill or be killed in there....the press called it the unholy war in the papers nest day !
                    Some thing to remember is Without going into a blow-by-blow spiel, Gerald knocked Nigel down and out of the ring in the first round The fight was restarted and McClellan, who made the weight (168) by dropping 15 lbs. in the 36 hours prior to the weigh in, just fell apart as Benn took his bombs and landed some of his own some of witch landed to the side of the head ...,as the fight neared its premature end.It turns out his brain had began to bleed.In the 10th round, Gerald collapsed and fell into a coma !
                    From what i read cutting 15 lbs in 36 hours his the major factor that had a lot to do with his injury's ...couple that with fact that Benn had been in those types of wars before and was someone that wasn't gonna just lay down like so many McClellan fought ...it was a recipe for that type of outcome !
                    McClellan's ex trainer Manny Stewart said on ITV after the tragic fight that he had advised Gerald not to take the fight with Benn ....and said it was obvious when he was watching the fight that McClellan only had one game plan and when Benn didn't fold he run out of ideas !...he went on to say as the fight went longer he feared it favored Benn someone who "had been in those types of fights before" !
                    One of the greatest most savage fights of all time but it will only be remembered for one tragic outcome !
                    Last edited by CiganoBoxer; 06-12-2010, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Mr. Pedigree.... That was one epic fight... Brutal... Sad... Enjoyable...regretful... I think he had the injury prior...

Comment

Working...
                      X