Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: McGregor Has Game Plan, It's Not What People Think

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Mike Perry UFC fighter. 10-1 10 KO's

In his only boxing match his power was none existant, even when he managed to get into position.

Lost by KO in 4.

You seen it?

MMA fighters can't punch like boxers.
    Yeah I caught that one as well, first I saw his highlight then I watched that fight which someone posted on here, didn't look too good at all. To McGregor's credit he does seem to have good technique on that straight left hand but the other issue is, which someone brought up today, how good is his speed? Just too many question marks.

Comment

Why is Pauline's face marked up doe?

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
        Yeah I caught that one as well, first I saw his highlight then I watched that fight which someone posted on here, didn't look too good at all. To McGregor's credit he does seem to have good technique on that straight left hand but the other issue is, which someone brought up today, how good is his speed? Just too many question marks.
        Technique doesn't look great to me.

Paws with the jab then lets the left go brings his hand back out the side like Andre Berto used to do. Leans over to his right a lot and kind of stays out of position for an extended period something I can honestly say I've never seen a boxer do.

A lot of flaws from the little I've seen. I find it hard to analyse MMA fighters to be honest (from a boxing perspective)

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Technique doesn't look great to me.

Paws with the jab then lets the left go brings his hand back out the side like Andre Berto used to do. Leans over to his right a lot and kind of stays out of position for an extended period something I can honestly say I've never seen a boxer do.

A lot of flaws from the little I've seen. I find it hard to analyse MMA fighters to be honest (from a boxing perspective)
          It's funny you mention Berto, I said one of the glaring weaknesses I see, which can easily be corrected, is that he likes to admire his own work much like Berto does. Pretty much it's what your describing there.

I'm really hoping Mayweather has enough in him to get McGregor out of there

Comment

Malinaggi is literally there to make Conor look like he has a chance, and to paint a different picture during the fight with his commentary.

Conor's smart as hell. He doesn't want Paulie pointing out all his amateurish mistakes on TV, and wants him to skew the picture a little bit towards his side, and to give Conor good remarks.

You really think Conor and his team think Paulie's the most brilliant mind in boxing, or that he's the most skilled? He's a retired fatty right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
              It's funny you mention Berto, I said one of the glaring weaknesses I see, which can easily be corrected, is that he likes to admire his own work much like Berto does. Pretty much it's what your describing there.

I'm really hoping Mayweather has enough in him to get McGregor out of there
              Yeah definitely. Definitely on the same page there.

I hope so too. It won't feel like a win unless Floyd stops him.

Comment

Working...
              X