Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto is overrated and has had the easiest way to title shots the past 20 yrs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto's big fights in his career were:

Judah
    Mosley
    Margarito
    Pacquiao
    Margarito 2
    Mayweather
    Martinez
    Canelo

Did he lose all of those fights? No

He's a first ballot Hall of Famer and the last of the great Puerto Rican fighters. No one has yet to step up to the plate to carry the torch as the next great Puerto Rican fighter.

It's a lineage.....Sixto Escobar, Carlos Ortiz, Jose Torres, Wilfredo Gomez, Wilfred Benitez, Edwin Rosario, Hector Camacho, Felix Trinidad, Miguel Cotto

#Facts

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
      Cotto fought

Manny
      Mayweather
      Judah
      Margarito
      Clottey
      Mosley
      Martinez
      Canelo
      Trout

He won some and lost some but damn how can you call the man overrated?

Exactly Larry, Thank you sir

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
        Cotto is a legend. One one of the best fighters of his era and an action fighter with a die hard following to boot. He put in his work already fighting a lot of tough guys in an impressive pre fight run and the continued to impress in quality reigns at 140 and 147. He beat a lot of the top guys man. That Margarito fight - which i still believe to have been suspect aka loaded wraps, really ****ed his career conjecture. Still some good fights after that too though. Promoters and the organisations know he sells well and always comes to fight, He has that following because of his style, and body of work and how he has conducted himself over the years. So he is getting a lot of opportunities based on his name basically. Is that right? Im not saying that. But for Miguel he's been halfway out the door for quite some time and his just cashing in on the way out and i dont blame em.

........Good post

Comment

Reminds me of some great Left Hook Tua threads... Too lazy to look them up right now doe

His win over Mosley was good though. Malignaggi and Judah were not terrible wins considering he didn't know they'd turn out to have wack careers when he agreed to fight them. Can't be mad at him for losing to good fighters like prime Manny, Mayweather, and a much fresher Canelo

But yeah perhaps a little bit overrated
          Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 07-10-2017, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
            Reminds me of some great Left Hook Tua threads... Too lazy to look them up right now doe

His win over Mosley was good though. Malignaggi and Judah were not terrible wins considering he didn't know they'd turn out to have wack careers when he agreed to fight them. Can't be mad at him for losing to good fighters like prime Manny, Mayweather, and a much fresher Canelo

But yeah perhaps a little bit overrated

How is he overrated? Cotto is what he is, not top elite like Mayweather or Pacquiao, but just beneath them in the next category. I don't think anyone is saying he's the greatest or tbe or anything.

Judah
            Mosley
            Margarito
            Pacquiao
            Margarito 2
            Mayweather
            Martinez
            Canelo

He's a first ballot Hall of Famer and the last of the great Puerto Rican fighters. No one has yet to step up to the plate to carry the torch as the next great Puerto Rican fighter.

It's a lineage.....Sixto Escobar, Carlos Ortiz, Jose Torres, Wilfredo Gomez, Wilfred Benitez, Edwin Rosario, Hector Camacho, Felix Trinidad, Miguel Cotto

#Facts
            Last edited by The Time; 07-10-2017, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
              How is he overrated? Cotto is what he is, not top elite like Mayweather or Pacquiao, but just beneath them in the next category. I don't think anyone is saying he's the greatest or tbe or anything.

Judah
              Mosley
              Margarito
              Pacquiao
              Margarito 2
              Mayweather
              Martinez
              Canelo

#Facts
              I'm not saying he's a bum but I think most of those PR fighters you named were better imo

Comment

1st ballot HOF

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                  I'm not saying he's a bum but I think most of those PR fighters you named were better imo

The only ones on that list I would put above Cotto are Felix Trinidad, Wilfredo Gomez and Wilfred Benitez.

As hard as it's been to have the next great Puerto Rican fighter emerge. Us Puerto Ricans know how much Cotto means at this point. I've never seen a drought this long, SMH.

Cotto is like the last of the Mohicans, or last of the Ricans I should say, Lol.

Comment

In a era where "oh he ducked him" counts towards your resume and titles being handed to a fighter makes them great..Hell atleast Cotto fought ATG fighters and certified hall of famers

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                      In a era where "oh he ducked him" counts towards your resume and titles being handed to a fighter makes them great..Hell atleast Cotto fought ATG fighters and certified hall of famers
                      Cotto is a legend

Comment

Working...
                      X