Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd and Manny get what they both wanted?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
    Yep. All hell broke lose with Schaefer at that time and he was frantically trying to contact Manny certain that Manny was totally unaware of what was negotiated. I still remember it like it was yesterday. Prior to that accusations of cheating have already surfaced. Probably even Mother Theresa can't handle that kind of dirt.

So now fast forward people would just sum it all up in one sentence without bothering about the details.

In the end, Paq later agreed and Mayweather continued to act like he's some 10 year old who can't salvage something that actually made him an established duck.
    If it takes someone 2 years to agree to random testing i think it's safe to say they didn't really want the fight. Also almost everytime he was asked about a Mayweather fight he always said "speak to my promoter", not really the words of someone who wanted the fight would say.

Comment

Originally posted by Band-Aid View Post
      Floyd got what he wanted - one of the highest paid athletes in the world while not having to fight actual threats.

Manny got what he wanted - afraid to take superior drug tests and his promoter swung things his way in regards to who was ducking, and the entire world (aside from boxing fans) think Floyd is the one ducking.
      I didn't think this poster had it in him, but i'm pleasantly surprised to say that I agree entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
        If it takes someone 2 years to agree to random testing i think it's safe to say they didn't really want the fight. Also almost everytime he was asked about a Mayweather fight he always said "speak to my promoter", not really the words of someone who wanted the fight would say.
        Mayweather: All Pacquiao has to say is that he wants the fight an it happens.

Pacquiao: I want to fight Mayweather.

Sadly Mayweather then came up with a long list of ever changing excuses on why the fighr can't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Band-Aid View Post
          Floyd got what he wanted - one of the highest paid athletes in the world while not having to fight actual threats.

Manny got what he wanted - afraid to take superior drug tests and his promoter swung things his way in regards to who was ducking, and the entire world (aside from boxing fans) think Floyd is the one ducking.
          WOW...after all that trolling you found it in you to post a jewel...good post

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
            Mayweather: All Pacquiao has to say is that he wants the fight an it happens.

Pacquiao: I want to fight Mayweather.

Sadly Mayweather then came up with a long list of ever changing excuses on why the fighr can't happen.
            Yep. Might as well go back to the very beginning. (Mayweather fans are fond of going back to the first round of nego and hate moving on from there.)

Yep. I remember Floyd saying all Pac has to do is call him out. He actually thought Pac was scared of him.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
              Yeah, I think so. Neither of them bent over backwards to make the fight happen. I think boxing history will recognize Pac as a possible cheater for not taking the test, especially with all the positive testing going on in this era. And unlike what a lot of Pac fans say, I don't think Mayweathers demands of random testing will be interpreted as him using that as a tool to avoid Pac. How the heck was he supposed to know Manny would avoid random testing at all costs? Mayweathers demands are completely justified after seeing how much cheating is going on in boxing during this era.
              I think historically, this whole situation puts Manny in a worse light than Floyd. 20-30 years from now, people are going to be wondering why these 2 ATG's never fought, the first thing that's going to pop up on google is, "no test, no fight". Automatically someone's going to assume, "Pacquiao was on roids!, why wouldn't he just agree!?" Right now, we have the benefit of following this whole saga detail for detail, but people looking back on this, won't have that same luxury.
              Last edited by timboslice708; 08-09-2012, 12:37 PM.

Comment

take the test and the fight happens! oops i meant take the test and i'll change my demands again! read the fine print.

Comment

Working...
                X