Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSAC Commissioner Keith Kizer: "Lamont Peterson Does NOT Have a License To Fight."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we questioning VADA now? He tested positive, he knew of it, his team knew of it, and tested again. Fight should be off...PERIOD!!

Or are they trying to go down the Ryan Braun trail?

Positive is positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
      Side note: Is Peterson a GBP fighter? You sure?
      Not sure, never said he was. But, I do know this was a Golden Buy solely promotion event. There was no co-promotion here.

Comment

I do not know. But the fact that the use the word "promptly" repeatedly indicates that they understand there's a time-critical element involved.

Also, USADA has a clearly-stated communication protocol where they notifythe governing body of a positive test.

VADA received a positive test on April 12, and notified the athlete on April 13. Perfect. Where they fell short is not notifying the governing body until May 2.
        I thought i read a second sample tested positive on May 2nd niot they were barely notified

Comment

I do not know. But the fact that the use the word "promptly" repeatedly indicates that they understand there's a time-critical element involved.

Also, USADA has a clearly-stated communication protocol where they notifythe governing body of a positive test.

VADA received a positive test on April 12, and notified the athlete on April 13. Perfect. Where they fell short is not notifying the governing body until May 2.
          Because, he opted for the sample B to be test. I have no problem with them holding the results until the Sample B results. Because, their could be that slim chance of a false positive. No matter how small the chances are their still that chance. So why ruined the guys name by giving results out. But, then the Sample B results came back, which was when April 30th? They promptly let NSAC know 3 days later.

Again not sure how they failed. Or if they did anything wrong.

I'm OK with how they handled the whole situation.

Comment

He tested positive on may 2nd as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
              What would that say about Golden Boy? Imagine if the fight goes on. What does that say about Golden Boy?
              That they don't care and they just want to make money, which is what we all know.

Now people are making excuses and Golden Boy is even questioning VADA. Already saying USADA/WADA>>>>VADA which Schafer said. Becasue VADA caught one of their fighters.
              Yea, I saw that in the conference call. The fighter shouldn't have cheated, period.

Now really think if it was Arum who was questioning VADA. If this was a Top Rank fight. And, the fight still goes on. Webb you know as well as me that the outrage by the fans would be off the charts against Top Rank. They would call Arum every name in the book.
              Oh yea, I already know. But if GBP lets this go on, they deserve every ounce of criticism that they get. Period.

So if the fight goes on, what does that say about Golden Boy? This fight better not go on. And, if this I will be LMAO. I don't want to hear how great GBP is.
              I addressed this above, but it would be bad IMO. Just not a good look at all. Would it surprised me if they did still have the fight? Nope. But they really shouldn't have it.

Comment

Not sure, never said he was. But, I do know this was a Golden Buy solely promotion event. There was no co-promotion here.
                Pun intended here?

Comment

Because, he opted for the sample B to be test. I have no problem with them holding the results until the Sample B results. Because, their could be that slim chance of a false positive. No matter how small the chances are their still that chance. So why ruined the guys name by giving results out. But, then the Sample B results came back, which was when April 30th? They promptly let NSAC know 3 days later.

Again not sure how they failed. Or if they did anything wrong.

I'm OK with how they handled the whole situation.
                  WAIT - there is confidentiality. Kizer is not going to run around telling baccarat dealers at The Palms. You should notify the Commission of EVERY positive test.

EVERY.

If it's a false positive, that is important to know as well....dontcha think?

Comment

WAIT - there is confidentiality. Kizer is not going to run around telling baccarat dealers at The Palms. You should notify the Commission of EVERY positive test.

EVERY.

If it's a false positive, that is important to know as well....dontcha think?
                    Really? because, Kizer went and came out about Overeem test results before even knowing the sample B results.

He could have done the same here.

Is it important for who do know? Your and Me? Not sure. The commission, fighters? Sure. But, again nothing wrong with actually waiting for the results to come in before indulging if it's a false positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
                      Margarito got a year for trying to cheat. I expect Peterson to get something similar. No way does the fight continue.
                      Margarito's license was revoked. Not the same as a suspension. The CSAC permits him to apply a year after the revocation, with no guarantee that he would get the license.

And he didn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X