• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GGG is cashing out... anyway...

Comment

No hes shot. Lol jeeze!!

Comment

No, he has slowed down in recent years but he still should have enough left in order to manage a win over Saul Canelo Alvarez.

Comment

Yes, he is! So please no excuses when Cinnamon wins on Saturday.

Comment

No he's passed his prime I think he was a lot more explosive when he was younger. Still he should have enough in the tank to beat Canelo again needs a KO this time to ensure he doesnt get cheated like last time.

Comment

Golovkin has always been slow as **** so looks the same as he always has.

It was the level of opponent. Which is why he looked like superman again in his last fight.
              Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 09-12-2018, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Well depends on who you ask. calzaghe fans claimed that Hopkins was prime at 43. go figure....

Use common sense. How old are the average fighter when peaking? Physically it's probably around 28. Full package probably 2-3 years after that.

So GGG is not prime. How much has he fallen off? I guess we will have to wait and see, but given the fact that he hasn't taken that much punishment in his career, he is maybe at 80-85% of his lifetime max.

Comment

I've noticed signs of slowing down or maybe the competition has gotten better over the years. I can't say he's passed his prime just yet. Guys just aren't going down as easily nowadays.

Comment

At 36?? Uh, no. Golovkin is several years past it. Some guys hold up well when older, especially evasive boxers, but Golovkin eats punches and it shows.

Comment

GGG hasn't taken much damage so he should still be prime, or close to it at 36 just like any pro that hasn't taken much damage.

Comment

Working...
                      X