No announcement yet.

is this cartoon racist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this cartoon racist?

News Corp has come under global condemnation for publishing a racist, sexist cartoon depicting Serena Williams in its Melbourne paper.

Here's the cartoon. Notice the lips, how they're loose and open and dumb like unlike Serena's real lips and also the weight. Serena is NOT fat:

Full article: https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...ms-mark-knight

Some say it's not racist, just a caricature. I disagree. The weight, the lips....all ripped from old Sambo cartoons. Here's one of them:

Looks dead on to me. Only thing racial in the cartoon is making the Jap girl a blonde.

Comment

[QUOTE=iamboxing;19091167]News Corp has come under global condemnation for publishing a racist, sexist cartoon depicting Serena Williams in its Melbourne paper.

Here's the cartoon. Notice the lips, how they're loose and open and dumb like unlike Serena's real lips and also the weight. Serena is NOT fat:

Originally posted by ΣNΣMY View Post

Looks dead on to me. Only thing racial in the cartoon is making the Jap girl a blonde.
      Damn.

I think that's spot on. Good job by the artist!

Comment

It is a decent caricature of Serena, capturing an ugly moment in her career.

It just goes to show how deranged the discussions about racism are, when this cartoon is held up as some kind of obvious example.

Comment

Originally posted by ΣNΣMY View Post
          Only thing racial in the cartoon is making the Jap girl a blonde.
          The ends of her hair, where they come out of the cap, were blonde - I think her hair was bleached.

Comment

Ha ha this was a huge big drama here in Australia.
            The cartoonist got ripped for drawing her like that.
            I say if ya cant have a laugh at yourself then ya need to get a life.
            A big deal out of nothing if you ask me.
            She is African American isnt she??
            This guy draws our own prime minister as a toad.
            Get over it Serena.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
              The ends of her hair, where they come out of the cap, were blonde - I think her hair was bleached.

You're right.

Comment

[QUOTE=Tony Trick-Pony;19091208]
                Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                News Corp has come under global condemnation for publishing a racist, sexist cartoon depicting Serena Williams in its Melbourne paper.

I’m old ugly, big Jew warrior and angry...

Damn.

I think that's spot on. Good job by the artist!

Comment

Racist = No

Brilliant = Yes

It's a great cartoon that captured the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
                    It is a decent caricature of Serena, capturing an ugly moment in her career.

It just goes to show how deranged the discussions about racism are, when this cartoon is held up as some kind of obvious example.
                    I’d **** you in da culo... if and only if u did not consistently post excellent...

I have no doubt a loser Jew... me... paul m ... will melt a boxing puto quick..

I’m chin checking lilhoes?

Peace

Comment

Working...
                    X