No announcement yet.

Third Weight Class for Season 2 of WBSS Confirmed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
    Think that was what they really wanted. Kalle was kicking off at HBO after Kovalev got beat for signing him to a 3 fight deal.

Heres the tweet https://mobile.twitter.com/Sauerland...6516870145?p=v
    Just wondering who signed Kovi to three year deal :HBO or Kalle

Comment

Maybe Andrew Tabiti will be in it this time.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
        Just wondering who signed Kovi to three year deal :HBO or Kalle
        HBO signed him to 3 fight deal I take it to mean, whilst he was in discussions to be in the WBSS

Comment

But Kovalev didn't need to be in the tournament and now he doesn't have a belt. Granted, he has the rematch clause but the LHW division should have been the choice. Would have been great for guys like Beterbiev/Bivol/Gvozdyk/etc. And I could have seen Jack enter the tournament as he is that type of guy.

This is going to be the hard part as we get to season 3 or season 4 of the tournament. Too many weight classes are occupied by fighters signed to major promoters or those that get prime time slots on ESPN or SHO or HBO. So are you just going to continue putting on tournaments with the same weight classes?

Comment

Meh will still be fun, but feels like a bit of a tack on and not really necessary.

I think they would have been better served to stay consistent with the first few years doing 2 divisions a year.

That said. More great boxing for DAZN in the US. Looking really good value to me even if Hearns stable is ***** WBSS is killing it

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
              Think that was what they really wanted. Kalle was kicking off at HBO after Kovalev got beat for signing him to a 3 fight deal.

Heres the tweet https://mobile.twitter.com/Sauerland...6516870145?p=v
              Yeah I refuse to believe this was their original plan all along. I feel it dilutes the original tournament. Chances are no belts will be at stake either

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                But Kovalev didn't need to be in the tournament and now he doesn't have a belt. Granted, he has the rematch clause but the LHW division should have been the choice. Would have been great for guys like Beterbiev/Bivol/Gvozdyk/etc. And I could have seen Jack enter the tournament as he is that type of guy.

This is going to be the hard part as we get to season 3 or season 4 of the tournament. Too many weight classes are occupied by fighters signed to major promoters or those that get prime time slots on ESPN or SHO or HBO. So are you just going to continue putting on tournaments with the same weight classes?
                Your absolutely right
                What’s gonna happen is they will be fighting for some fughin belt ( just what we need more belts ) that gonna make some b- rated fighter a mandatory or something and that’s how we get more mismatches
                So in the end we get shafted and don’t get the fights we really wanna see
                Promoters get more leverage ( a la Joshua - Wilder ) Pac May etc etc

Comment

Working...
                X