No announcement yet.

The Fight Nobody is Talking About: Yamanaka vs Moreno

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fight Nobody is Talking About: Yamanaka vs Moreno

Tuesday night is Chemito Moreno vs Shinsuke Yamanaka for the WBC bantamweight title. Although Moreno was coming off a loss or was a shame the way he lost his title after such a long reign at the top of the division.

But the good news is, I'm not so sure this fight would've been made if Moreno still held his title.

Anyone else looking forward to this matchup? How do you see it playing out.

I admit I'm clueless about Yamanaka. I'll have to look up some of his fights.

Comment

Bruce Lee said something to he effect of don't fear a man who trains 1,000 different things fear the man who trains 1 thing a 1,000 times well Yamanaka would fall into the
      2nd category he isn't sly about what he wants to do..... it's all about the Left, typically he lands it and guys fall down he has to have one of the highest KD ratios in the sport mixed w/good movement he's deadly

Moreno is a one of the best straight -up boxers in the sport , it's really a even matchup between the 2 best bantums in the known universe, both kind of box at range Moreno is better overall but Yamanaka got the power guessing it just depends on what you prefer

As to how the fight plays out Yama has to hurt Moreno which I think he will maybe not a KO but enough to keep him in check to squeak out a dec. in a high level match

Comment

Originally posted by BattleAxePurist View Post
        Bruce Lee said something to he effect of don't fear a man who trains 1,000 different things fear the man who trains 1 thing a 1,000 times well Yamanaka would fall into the
        2nd category he isn't sly about what he wants to do..... it's all about the Left, typically he lands it and guys fall down he has to have one of the highest KD ratios in the sport mixed w/good movement he's deadly

Moreno is a one of the best straight -up boxers in the sport , it's really a even matchup between the 2 best bantums in the known universe, both kind of box at range Moreno is better overall but Yamanaka got the power guessing it just depends on what you prefer

As to how the fight plays out Yama has to hurt Moreno which I think he will maybe not a KO but enough to keep him in check to squeak out a dec. in a high level match
        Good breakdown. In Moreno's 2 recent losses he struggled to deal with pressure. From what I've seen on Yamanaka, which is very little I admit, it doesn't seem in his nature to press that way.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
          Good breakdown. In Moreno's 2 recent losses he struggled to deal with pressure. From what I've seen on Yamanaka, which is very little I admit, it doesn't seem in his nature to press that way.
          He stays at range looks to land straight lefts not really a come forward type guy , he can be outworked at times which I see Chemito doing

Comment

Can't wait.

Hopefully Moreno can get the upset.

Comment

Where is this fight happening?

Comment

Tuesday night is Chemito Moreno vs Shinsuke Yamanaka for the WBC bantamweight title. Although Moreno was coming off a loss or was a shame the way he lost his title after such a long reign at the top of the division.

But the good news is, I'm not so sure this fight would've been made if Moreno still held his title.

Anyone else looking forward to this matchup? How do you see it playing out.
                I'm working on the pre-fight report card and wrote a whole piece about this as the centerpiece of a nice rejuvenation at 118 this year couple weeks back. We haven't been ignoring on the main page.

Comment

And the Payano fight was aborted. Moreno is a 12 round fighter and a guy with a cut was happy to take the belt early. Mares was a closer fight than portrayed by Showtime, with Moreno coming on big after the knockdown. I think the idea that he's shown slip is overstated.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                    And the Payano fight was aborted. Moreno is a 12 round fighter and a guy with a cut was happy to take the belt early. Mares was a closer fight than portrayed by Showtime, with Moreno coming on big after the knockdown. I think the idea that he's shown slip is overstated.
                    Good points. I scored the Mares fight 6-6 with the knockdown being the difference. The Payano fight was a farce to get the house fighter a title belt. I would still take Moreno in a rematch.

Comment

Working...
                    X