Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua vs Povetkin did 1.1 million PPV Buys.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
    The Fury/Wilder fight won't even come close to doing those numbers. But watch Warren try and manipulate and claim otherwise. He'd do and say anything to get one over on Hearn. Anything!
    He's a one bitter man.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      I can't see the quote from Hearn you posted because when I click the link it's telling me the site is off line.
      The quote was in my post if the link doesn't work for you.

But I remember Hearn saying, a couple of days after GGG vs Brook, that Sky told him it had sold over 500k, and the number he gave after AJ vs Klitschko was around 1.5 million. That was before the numbers went up at BARB. I know that because I checked there myself.

What he said about AJ vs Povetkin was that the numbers weren't all in yet, but Sky was projecting over a million buys, but not as many as AJ vs Parker.
      Numbers from a couple days after a fight are likely early inaccurate projections. I would imagine the numbers from the Eddie Hearn quote I posted are fully counted. Also, there's no way to reconcile Have vs Bellew and Joshua vs Martin BARB numbers being twice as big as the numbers Hearn gave.

Regardless, see the definition of "reach" I posted in my post afterwards. It's not all at similar PPV buy.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        The quote was in my post if the link doesn't work for you.

Numbers from a couple days after a fight are likely early inaccurate projections. I would imagine the numbers from the Eddie Hearn quote I posted are fully counted. Also, there's no way to reconcile Have vs Bellew and Joshua vs Martin BARB numbers being twice as big as the numbers Hearn gave.

Regardless, see the definition of "reach" I posted in my post afterwards. It's not all at similar PPV buy.
        But BARB use the same terminology for all their ratings, so maybe they just get the "reach" of a PPV event from the number of buys?

And yes, both times I heard Hearn talking about buys for AJ's fights, vs Wlad and Povetkin, he was talking about projected numbers, and they both turned out to be in line with the BARB numbers when they went up.

There is a big discrepancy between the numbers you quote Hearn as giving and the BARB numbers though. I guess it's possible that the correlation between SKY's projection and BARB's "reach" for those 2 fights is down to coincidence.

Comment

A promoter will post the buys if they think it will look good. If it under performed they won’t mention it. Hearn will tell u 90k showed up but he won’t mention the gate. PPVs are all priced more and more each event. They want u to know how many people cared to watch but that’s about it.

Comment

Ok, let me rephrase my original point .. AJ isn't Mexican and Floyd Mayweather isn't currently fighting at HW!

Also bear in mind, AJ has had only 22 fights and he's been a pro for just 5 years. Hearn is, without a doubt, the best promoter in the business right now, but he can't work miracles.
            I said nothing about Floyd. Manny hovered around a million buys (in the $60 range) without Floyd. GG just had two PPVs over a million.
            Connor came over from the UK and fought all sorts of people for huge buyrates.

IDK what you think you're protecting AJ from but let it go. There's no harm in him being able to make big money in the US. The only people threatened by that idea are those who have resentment toward the states and can't handle the idea that there might be more money flowing there.

Comment

PPV is like 20 bucks over there

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                Yeah, weekly reach means how many total were tuned into sky box office that week. Obviously Joshua vs Povetkin was the only event on Sky box office that week so from that you can tell how many people bought the ppv.
                Sorry for nit-picking, but does that mean 1.1M buys or viewers? I mean if I buy a PPV, i watch the fight with a couple of friends, would I then count for 1 or 3 (including friends) in this case?

Comment

for $20 or so, probably a lot more people would buy PPVs in the U.S. also

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    I said nothing about Floyd. Manny hovered around a million buys (in the $60 range) without Floyd. GG just had two PPVs over a million.
                    Connor came over from the UK and fought all sorts of people for huge buyrates.

IDK what you think you're protecting AJ from but let it go. There's no harm in him being able to make big money in the US. The only people threatened by that idea are those who have resentment toward the states and can't handle the idea that there might be more money flowing there.
                    Or just a pathetic fanboy inferiority complex.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
                      Or just a pathetic fanboy inferiority complex.
                      True. True.
                      I don't get all that shyt. I try to say something fair about AJ and inevitably they always come back with "Wilder doe"... as if I give a fuk about Wilder or that I'm part of some fanboy war.

I've no problem if AJ wants to do his thing in the UK, I've actually defended him for that. But, I'm not going to pretend that the money isn't flowing through Vegas and US PPV.

Comment

Working...
                      X