Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• --- Rocky undefeated, beat Ali in the computer tourney.

Noone tops that, NOONE!

Comment

• 1) Ali
      2) Louis
      3) Foreman
      4) Lewis
      5) Klitchko
      6) Holmes
      7) Frazier
      8) Dempsey
      9) Holyfield
      10) Liston/Norton

Changes all the time.

The thing is that Heavyweight has been very different things across the ages. Tyson Fury might prove the greatest fighter ever - as on the man no either can beat. Exactly what John L. Sullivan did when the championship was established. But most of us can agree, at parity Gene Tunney is the best.

It's more a division about great legends than great fighters.

Comment

• Ken Norton is not deserving of top ten ATG status and neither is Liston who quit in his corner giving up the most prized title in all of sport.

Ali
        Louis
        Holmes
        Lewis
        Foreman
        Johnson
        Tyson
        Dempsey
        Tunney
        Marciano

Fury will be long forgotten ten years from now.

Comment

• Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
          Ken Norton is not deserving of top ten ATG status and neither is Liston who quit in his corner giving up the most prized title in all of sport.

Ali
          Louis
          Holmes
          Lewis
          Foreman
          Johnson
          Tyson
          Dempsey
          Tunney
          Marciano

Fury will be long forgotten ten years from now.
          Norton bested Ali... not sure who beats him except HUGE punchers, and bigger men.

I'm shocked you picked Tunney. Maybe you're willing to present me an olive branch because the nursing home issued two cups of Jell-O?

I notice you rank him below the clearly inferior Johnson... so maybe you're just giving me a backhanded compliment?
          Last edited by Zmerai Khan; 12-02-2018, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• After last night's heroics, Fury is king.

Ali failed in his comeback, despite coming in on a much softer landing. And he never faced anyone that could punch like Wilder.

If Cooper and Shavers could find him, Wilder starches him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zmerai Khan View Post
              After last night's heroics, Fury is king.

Ali failed in his comeback, despite coming in on a much softer landing. And he never faced anyone that could punch like Wilder.

If Cooper and Shavers could find him, Wilder starches him.
              I don’t know why I bother replying to a troll like you, but FYI, Ali returned against the no. 2 ranked heavyweight in Jerry Quarry. Vitali Klitschko returned against the no. 2 ranked heavyweight in Sam Peter.

Fury returned against no. 200 in Seferi.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                I don’t know why I bother replying to a troll like you, but FYI, Ali returned against the no. 2 ranked heavyweight in Jerry Quarry. Vitali Klitschko returned against the no. 2 ranked heavyweight in Sam Peter.

Fury returned against no. 200 in Seferi.
                Look at you desperately trying again to prove you belong in an adult conversation.

Yes, Ali returned from hiatus with fights against Quarry and Bonavena, but those were suitable rehearsals for his bout with Frazier. No one would've faulted him for padding his record with more bums. But ultimately Quary and Bonavena served to get him back into fighting shape.

Fury, conversely, returned from a far more severe layoff. And his fights with Pianeta and Seferi were more exhibitions than appropriate preparation for Wilder - a man FAR more dangerous than Frazier.

- Asad

Comment

• Originally posted by Zmerai Khan View Post
                  Look at you desperately trying again to prove you belong in an adult conversation.

Yes, Ali returned from hiatus with fights against Quarry and Bonavena, but those were suitable rehearsals for his bout with Frazier. No one would've faulted him for padding his record with more bums. But ultimately Quary and Bonavena served to get him back into fighting shape.

Fury, conversely, returned from a far more severe layoff. And his fights with Pianeta and Seferi were more exhibitions than appropriate preparation for Wilder - a man FAR more dangerous than Frazier.

- Asad
                  Was Quarry and Peter better opponents than Seferi?

Your logic btw. It's fantastic.

If Cooper and Shavers could find him Wilder starches him.
                  Finish this sentence please: If Cunningham could find him, Ali .....

And how about this:

Wilder - a man FAR more dangerous than Frazier.
                  mmmmmkay.

Dangerous? Yeah maybe for a fly randomly roaming a boxing ring. How can one asses that Wilder is 'FAR more dangerous' than Frazier? Is it because of Wilder's fantastic skill in punch delivery? Is it because Wilder has shown he can KO opposition in top 30?

What is it that makes you so convinced that Wilder is 'FAR more dangerous'? Idk. Footwork perhaps?

Comment

• Z is as ignorant and clueless as any poster I’ve ever encountered. This has to be a joke right?

Comment

• Wilder can punch with his right but is utterly void of boxing ability. He needs a very good trainer to start him with boxing’s basics.

Comment

Working...
                      X