Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: We Won't Let You Play With Our Balls To Overpay Wilder!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
    They're two statements in these quotes that show this camp doesn't want the fight.

1. Why would there be an exception for Wilder, if you're openly admitting that you overpaid previous opponents? It would seem that the guy who brings the most to the table financially should be compensated for increasing the valuation of any potential fight you could get elsewhere. I think anybody with a brain can see that there's considerable interest in the fight here in the US.

2. Wilder's last two fights have had attendance of 11.5k and 14k @ Barclays. That Ortiz fight was the second highest attendance number in the history of fights there. So why act like Wilder isn't generating buzz here?
    14k? Smiles are kidding me?
    When we are talking about 90k.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      "Eddie Hearn, who promotes IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua (21-0, 20 KOs), has no intention of paying more than $12.5 million to WBC champion Deontay Wilder (40-0, 39 KOs)."

Sounds like a duck.
      Sounds like you lack brain to comprehend

Comment

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
        An American heavyweight that's pulling over 1 million views on premium cable and putting over 10k people in the arena is evidence of his popularity. He's literally the only HW who can do that outside of Joshua. There are only 4 or 5 fighters in all of the US who can do that actually.

I doubted his star power here too (for years) but the data doesn't lie. He went from averaging like 6k tickets, to about 12k now.

My point is that the evidence is there to support the idea that he's ready to pull in a solid number on PPV. In fact I think they would pull in above 500k in buys from this market if they somehow could put the fight in primetime. (Not sure how late fights air in the UK, but if they could get it close to 7pm ET, it could work.)

Americans love Heavyweights and people have been talking about this fight. I'm a lawyer in NYC with a crowd of friends that couldn't name any fighter outside of Floyd. And even in those circles people are talking about this fight. It's some big money in this fight on the US side.

Now if Hearn wants "marinate" it to run that number up, he should just say that. B/c I think that's what's really going on here.
        You have made some valid points but there are no guarantees that wilder is going to make such numbers in ppv. He has never been on ppv before. As a lawyer, if you are a promoter, will you take such risk on unproven guy on ppv? Even his numerous promoters have never taking such risk. Welders fight has always been flat fees between 1.5-2.5 mil. You can make your research.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
          On the low side potential revenue, of the offer is 31% of the profit. Why not just offer a 31% split instead of the flat fee?

Seems like Hearn wants to get Wilder to sign the flat fee, then reap all the benefits after the fight exceeds projections. Remember, there was no date, location, or timeframe in the offer.
          What difference does it make? The guy brings nothing but belt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
            Joshua and Hearn have 1 week left before exorcize Joshua from the boxing world. If they should bypass Wilder this time then Joshua is dead to me. I will only see one champion at hvw and that’s Wilder. I’ll never speak the name of Hearn or Joshua again. This is unprecedented for me because it’s the last resort and hope that a top fighter accepts the challenge or love in infamy. And this is Joshuas last chance with me as a boxing fan. And from what tiny teef said it doesn’t look good.

I did this with Sven Ottke when 40 Cal called him out, and I did this with the fake ass bully Bowe when he ducked Lewis. I washed my hands with their careers. It’s a bit harsh but I’ve seen too many great first fights and great rematches where guys have put it all on the line and came out unscathed. I just let others judge them because I don’t have 1 positive thing to say about them. Not 1.

This is your last chance Anthony because if you don fight Wilder I will disregard you’re career totally. And I promise all of you that I will. Sounds stupid but I keep it G.

I am someone and I am no one!
            Brada, nobody cares about you. You are highly insignificant. You can write a full load of crap, nobody cares if you are AJ's fan or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
              So why not offer the $12M guarantee, and up to 40% of the gross if the fight meets certain numbers? Its easy to say Wilder isn’t a draw. Or, Wilder’s highest purse is $2M or whatever. But if the fight ends up being a box office hit, Wilder should be compensated.

It kinda reminds me of the Floyd-DLH event. People love to say Floyd was the B-side, which he was. But that fight sold more than a million PPVs more than DLH did with anybody else. So to say Floyd didn’t play a major role in that is ridiculous. I feel the same about Wilder-AJ. The fight has some buzz. More than Hearn would have you believe. There’s a lot of people that don’t care about boxing that are interested in this fight.
              You are an absolute HIT KING with this post! This is always my go to argument concerning Wilder - but its simply ignored. KING MAYWEATHER and his humble beginnings started somewhere. NOW look at his pockets. Not saying, Wilder will get anywhere close at the age of 33......but who's to say and to put a limit....

Wilders just as WORTHY as AJ in the skilz dept., he's put in just as much work in the gym, and more importantly its a LEGACY FIGHT for AJ! AJ doesnt seem the least bit interested and DOES SEEM SCARED (if he's not is a different story), while Wilder KNOWS in his heart he can beat this kid (if he can remains to be seen). Lets see...

This popularity thing is unbelievable! Wilder isnt a draw?! He is NOW for ALL TRUE boxing fans, thats why the AJ supporters make it their top priority to discredit him....the more they do it, the more they believe their assertions stick on everyone who disagrees - it won't! Deep down, they even can't wait for it to happen..

Mainstream public being aware?? I'll have to admit no.

This fight is for us though - both sides of the fan base!

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, how much MORE do the Hearn-Team NEED & WANT? Isnt there such a thing as "enough money(?)" They act like theyre DESTITUTE......what about legacy?

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                So Hearn conservatively calculates the fight to be worth 40 M and gives Wilder 12.5M flat equivalent of a 68-32 split.

How about making a not flat free offer of a 68-32 split? I feel that would be more than generous.

Surely that should make the fight happen.
                Exactly. That is the obvious response to his rant.

Comment

• All I want to know... Is where these undisputable facts are here for this fight selling well as PPV in the states??

Wilder has never sold a PPV in his career... AJ would do bad numbers too because his market penetration in the US is non existent.

US PPV costs like 50/60 bucks... You think showtime would charge less? Pfft... No one is gonna pay that US PPV price for two fighters they don't know because guess what.. the majority of the US buying public is casual too...it is all over the world!!

One guy on here's talking about why would putting fight back to midnight hurt it in the UK? Do you know nothing of our culture? The fights are on Saturday nights... The vast majority of buyers are casuals meaning they buy the fight and then go out drinking.. if you postpone it to midnight then voila.. no drinking and trust me the UK public would always pick going to the pub and watching it there or getting the result in a notification on there phone's than miss out on a night on the piss.

The fight sells **** all in the USA.. quote me now and have it as a sig when I'm right.

Comment

• Originally posted by lion33lit View Post
                    Getting PAID LOVELY for "risk free fights." That about sums it up....
                    That is a fact. Boxing is a sport as well as a business.

Comment

• Originally posted by lion33lit View Post
                      You are an absolute HIT KING with this post! This is always my go to argument concerning Wilder - but its simply ignored. KING MAYWEATHER and his humble beginnings started somewhere. NOW look at his pockets. Not saying, Wilder will get anywhere close at the age of 33......but who's to say and to put a limit....

Wilders just as WORTHY as AJ in the skilz dept., he's put in just as much work in the gym, and more importantly its a LEGACY FIGHT for AJ! AJ doesnt seem the least bit interested and DOES SEEM SCARED (if he's not is a different story), while Wilder KNOWS in his heart he can beat this kid (if he can remains to be seen). Lets see...

This popularity thing is unbelievable! Wilder isnt a draw?! He is NOW for ALL TRUE boxing fans, thats why the AJ supporters make it their top priority to discredit him....the more they do it, the more they believe their assertions stick on everyone who disagrees - it won't! Deep down, they even can't wait for it to happen..

Mainstream public being aware?? I'll have to admit no.

This fight is for us though - both sides of the fan base!

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, how much MORE do the Hearn-Team NEED & WANT? Isnt there such a thing as "enough money(?)" They act like theyre DESTITUTE......what about legacy?
                      Casuals make up about 80% of the buying public...especially where AJ is concerned. No hardcore boxing fans outside the US will shed money for wilder alone and no casuals anywhere will that's already proven because he draws nothing... Nada...zilch...kaput...

Wilder hasnt put as much work in at all... Not had his team. If he had... He would be commanding the same purses , Gate fees and crowds.

As for Hearn wanting money? He's the one that said it makes half what Finkel has... He isn't the one asking for money all the time without the ability to offer any himself.

Comment

Working...
                      X