Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People actually asked Joseph Parker if he was considering retiring??!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
    It’s what guys like whyte do

They take souls

Which is why no amount of money can get wilder to fight him
    Do you really think so? Are you British by chance?

I don't write off Dillian Whyte he's been underestimated before, but I don't see a fight between him and Wilder ending in any other way except Whyte out cold on the canvas.

Comment

Originally posted by Sable&Whitefish View Post
      Do you really think so? Are you British by chance?

I don't write off Dillian Whyte he's been underestimated before, but I don't see a fight between him and Wilder ending in any other way except Whyte out cold on the canvas.
      So everyone says

Yet wilder keeps turning down huge pay days worth 10m dollars lol and a Ppv fight

Only one reason you turn down that for a lesser payday....

Comment

Originally posted by Sable&Whitefish View Post
        It begs the question if you're an idiot.. boxing is his career, he's 26 years old fighting at the absolute top level in his weight division. Why would he retire? He could take a break or take a step down in competition, but losing a fight to the guy most people consider #1 (taking him 12 rounds in the process) and losing a competitive, if not controversial, fight to Whyte all in the same year doesn't indicate he wants to retire at all. He stepped up the competition in a big way and he's had some problems, he's 26, there's plenty of time to improve and plenty more money to be made.
        We all know he isn’t going to retire, unless you are truly an idiot.

He’s lost whatever fans he had with the manner in which he fought, no one roots for a passive fighter

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
          So everyone says

Yet wilder keeps turning down huge pay days worth 10m dollars lol and a Ppv fight

Only one reason you turn down that for a lesser payday....
          I think he wants to beat someone that either has a belt, or Fury because he's lineal champ.

It's an interesting perspective you have, it could be true. I just can't see Wilder being afraid of Whyte, I don't see why he would be.

Comment

He SHOULD retire, he has made a huge amount of money.

In reality he is never going to win a world title again, and is not exactly PPV friendly.

Not hating on the guy, but he just is not cut out for the very highest level IMO.

Comment

Yeah i don't think it's to do with his losses. He just doesn't seem like he wants to be in the ring sometimes and barely looks bothered that he lost.

So it's a fair question when you also add the fact he made a lot of money recently.

Comment

Thats boxing for you. Most people talk about undefeated records like it doesn't mean anything in boxing, that it meant you "Haven't" challenge yourself. Then a boxer loses and its "They are damage goods".

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                  but if all those types of guys just quit and retired after they lost once or twice there'd be a hell of a shortage of talented fighters near the tops of divisions.
                  True, but it's got to be a hard life being a "gatekeeper".

Comment

Working...
                  X