Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Global Boxing Scene

Old 01-29-2016, 05:10 AM #1

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
volamminhchu is on a distinguished road
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,214.15
Default Craig Docherty v Chas Symonds set for April 23 in Paisley

Former Commonwealth and current WBU World Champion Craig Docherty (27-7-1, 11KO) has been penciled in to fight former Southern Area Champion Chas Symonds (18-9, 5KO) for the vacant WBF World Super Welterweight title at Paisley Lagoon Centre in Paisley on April 23rd.
Docherty is no stranger to Scottish boxing fans. The Glasgow man has held the Commonwealth title as well as having boxed for both the British and European title, in which he was robbed in the latter. 'Doc' picked up the WBU World Super Welterweight last time out, after emphatically stopping Ireland's Michael Kelly in the sixth round of their scheduled twelve round contest. Docherty looks to continue the Indian Summer to his career as he squares of against Symonds on April 23rd on a card which he joins Tony Moran vs Sandy Robb as the co main event. Moran and Robb will contest the vacant WBF World Cruiserweight title.

Glasgow's Docherty is back in training and already looking sharp as he feels that Symonds will be coming into the contest on April 23rd in the shape of his career,

"Symonds is a strong fighter and he'll be coming to win. He's sees a win against me as a ticket back into big fights. That's why I'm preparing for the best Chas Symonds."

Docherty is not looking past Symonds by any means, however by gaining the backing of Glasgow based Promoter Thomas Melville he has managed to relaunch his career, being involved in good shows put together by Melville's Colloseum Promotions. The confident Super Welterweight still have furthering ambitions of his own in the future which includes making a splash on the international scene,

"I'm not looking past Symonds but hopefully after picking up the WBF title which I think is a good title to win I can continues to defend it and maybe pick up another title. It isn't about the money for me now I just want to keep winning titles and continue winning and putting on good performances. That's all that interests me".

Tickets for Collosseum Promotions WBF World title double header on April 23rd at Paisley Lagoon Centre are priced at 40 and VIP 55. Tickets are available from all boxers on the bill that also include Sammy Hill, Chris Wood and Frankie Monkhouse. They are also available by calling the ticket hotline 07932 069376.

Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 02-29-2016 at 06:18 AM.
volamminhchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-02-2016, 11:52 AM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 674 Post(s)
rudy has a reputation beyond reputerudy has a reputation beyond reputerudy has a reputation beyond reputerudy has a reputation beyond reputerudy has a reputation beyond reputerudy has a reputation beyond reputerudy has a reputation beyond reputerudy has a reputation beyond reputerudy has a reputation beyond reputerudy has a reputation beyond reputerudy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,887,428,695,952.80
Total Points: 50,000,000,006,887,428,849,664.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by volamminhchu View Post
Former Commonwealth and current WBU World Champion Craig Docherty (27-7-1, 11KO) has been penciled in to fight former Southern Area Champion Chas Symonds (18-9, 5KO) for the vacant WBF World Super Welterweight title at Paisley Lagoon Centre in Paisley on April 23rd.
Docherty is no stranger to Scottish boxing fans. The Glasgow man has held the Commonwealth title as well as having boxed for both the British and European title, in which he was robbed in the latter. 'Doc' picked up the WBU World Super Welterweight last time out, after emphatically stopping Ireland's Michael Kelly in the sixth round of their scheduled twelve round contest. Docherty looks to continue the Indian Summer to his career as he squares of against Symonds on April 23rd on a card which he joins Tony Moran vs Sandy Robb as the co main event. Moran and Robb will contest the vacant WBF World Cruiserweight title.

Glasgow's Docherty is back in training and already looking sharp as he feels that Symonds will be coming into the contest on April 23rd in the shape of his career,

"Symonds is a strong fighter and he'll be coming to win. He's sees a win against me as a ticket back into big fights. That's why I'm preparing for the best Chas Symonds."

Docherty is not looking past Symonds by any means, however by gaining the backing of Glasgow based Promoter Thomas Melville he has managed to relaunch his career, being involved in good shows put together by Melville's Colloseum Promotions. The confident Super Welterweight still have furthering ambitions of his own in the future which includes making a splash on the international scene,

"I'm not looking past Symonds but hopefully after picking up the WBF title which I think is a good title to win I can continues to defend it and maybe pick up another title. It isn't about the money for me now I just want to keep winning titles and continue winning and putting on good performances. That's all that interests me".

Tickets for Collosseum Promotions WBF World title double header on April 23rd at Paisley Lagoon Centre are priced at 40 and VIP 55. Tickets are available from all boxers on the bill that also include Sammy Hill, Chris Wood and Frankie Monkhouse. They are also available by calling the ticket hotline 07932 069376.
[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.] [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.] [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.] [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.] [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.] [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.] [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.] [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.] [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.] [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.] [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
is this a professional boxing show or white collar boxing
rudy is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
april, chas, craig, docherty, paisley, symonds

User Tag List