No announcement yet.

Just got an email from Kathy Duva..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got an email from Kathy Duva..

Lovely lady. I basically sent her my her best wishes, support & admiration for Kovalev but the crux of my email was to find out the situation on the rematch. Here's what she had to say on the laction of the rematch:

Unfortunately, our agreement prohibits the return match from occurring in Russia or California. But we are most definitely looking for alternate sites. The rules in Nevada require that local judges be used. We won’t go back there unless they are willing to change that and bring in neutral officials.
    Thoughts?

Boo hoo, she's been the beneficiary of some questionable judging that seemed to protect Adamek and Glazkov . Don't cry now, when you're on the receiving end of a job

Comment

I think she has got a fair point.. Frankly they can do it in MSG/Barclays & it would sell out too, but second fight might not make enough PPV buys as the first one imo but that's just money aspect of it..

Comment

Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post
        Boo hoo, she's been the beneficiary of some questionable judging that seemed to protect Adamek and Glazkov . Don't cry now, when you're on the receiving end of a job
        Who's crying? Do you dislike discussion or differing opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
          I think she has got a fair point.. Frankly they can do it in MSG/Barclays & it would sell out too, but second fight might not make enough PPV buys as the first one imo but that's just money aspect of it..
          i think there are more russians on the east coast too so it might be a more neutral atmosphere in general

Comment

shes bluffing. they will return to vegas because they have to. if they get robbed again so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
              Me too. Kovalev can't expect a fair shake in Nevada.

Comment

that fight belonged in las vegas. i was there. it was worthy of a big fight in las vegas. the strip and the hotels weren't buzzing the way they did fora mayweather fight, but the arena was 100% electric.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  that fight belonged in las vegas. i was there. it was worthy of a big fight in las vegas. the strip and the hotels weren't buzzing the way they did fora mayweather fight, but the arena was 100% electric.
                  there would be 100% more electricity in a heavily russian town and you know it. It won't make the same money though, so they'll go where the money is.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    How did you see the fight? who you got winning?

Comment

Working...
                    X