Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victor Ortiz Fighting lightweights now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victor Ortiz Fighting lightweights now?

Al Haymon must think boxing fans are dumb. He matched Victor Ortiz who has always fought between 140-147 to Gilberto Sanchez Leon, a fighter who spend his career fighting at 130-135. To makes matters worst the fight tonight is at a catch weight of 150 lbs. Victor Ortiz needs to give it up already. I mean how could they not find Ortiz at least a natural welterweight to fight?
     photo taxi driver_zpskzin45sr.jpg
    Last edited by RIZO24; 12-12-2015, 03:49 PM.

a natural welter might kill ortiz at this point in his career, plan is to just give him easy fight till he rebuild his image and can draw fans then cash his out one and final tiem

Comment

Of course he wasn't going to fight anybody good. It was his 2nd fight in nearly 2 years, and he was coming off a wrist surgery.

Ortiz got some well needed rounds last night. He needs at least 2 more tuneups before fighting anybody in the top 10. I still think Ortiz can make noise at 147 but he has to take his comeback step by step.

It's not like he's past his prime or anything. He's only 28 years old.

Comment

Comment

I hope he is serious. I use to root for him an thought he would go far in this sport but then he started quitting and doing movies and I just lost hope in him. Hopefully he does things right and gives it his all for his fans.

Comment

Ortiz has all the attributes/tools to be a killer and champion for a long time. Looking at his body you can tell he stays in shape year round (dedication), except he is missing some huevos and heart.

Comment

I'd like to see him fight Chris Algieri or Roberto Garcia next. If he could beat those level guys then he's ready for the guys in the Top 10 IMO.

WAR VICIOUS VIC!!!

Comment

Yo, does anyone know where this is from?

Bonus:

It's crazy how quick this guy fell off the map. I was a fan at one point. At first I didn't wanna accept he was a quitter but oh boy!...

Comment

Originally posted by Sake1 View Post
                  Yo, does anyone know where this is from?

Bonus:

It's crazy how quick this guy fell off the map. I was a fan at one point. At first I didn't wanna accept he was a quitter but oh boy!...
                  mayweather ortiz 24/7

Comment

Working...
                  X