• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
    You hurt yourself deadlifting because:

A)You were lifting a weight much to heavy for you
    B)You were using shit technique
    C)You didn't have the proper equipment to avoid injury (I.e. weightlifting belt, wrist straps chalk etc...)
    Here's some bro science. The most common injury of deadlifts isn't a lower back strain/hernia. It's actually a bicep tear. Especially when you are using an inverted grip. Watch some deadlift videos, use proper form, use the right equipment an you will be good to go.
    You bring wrist straps and chalk with you to the gym Skills?

Even with the best form you can employ you still have to bend your back a bit and it will endure a good deal of the strain during that initial lift all while trying to use your legs as the primary muscle unless you have those Paul Williams arms and can punch someone from across the room.

Comment

I don't lift. I swing the sledgehammer.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
        That's a really old pic, you can find some of my pictures where i'm ripped like a greek god in the get in shape contest of the training section.

In before do you even lift
        I'm not gay so I'm not interested, but show me pics of your girl's twat after the family mule vomited on her.

PB32 isn't interested in your "Greek God" pics either. Not that he's not gay, but he's only into black men.

Comment

Haven't deadlifted since high school. My back was stronger than my legs and my form was garbage. Pretty lucky that I didn't do serious damage. Yeah I don't think you can do DL without putting undue strain on your spine, especially with the kind of weight necessary to get much benefit out of it.

Comment

Comment

Funny enough I went to the gym yesterday and a guy I knew was deadlifting with a trap bar, after saying in this thread I never deadlift, which I don't. I literally can't remember the last time I ever did, Im talking like 10 years or something. When he finished his set I jumped on, he had about 245lbs loaded up(not saying that's a lot)... I grabbed it and pulled up about 5-6 reps pretty clean and strong. I was surprised by myself, and pretty happy... I have a slightly bulged disc in my lower back so mentally I stay away from that stuff.. I just started squatting about 2 months ago (light weight).. at first it bothered my lower back, but I kept at it, and now the weight doesn't bother my back at all.

I think by staying away from that stuff it's helped weaken my lower back, and also I think it was just as much mental as physical.

Anyways, I might start doing some deadlifts, since that felt pretty good. It's not something that I will ever try to break records with... 245 felt good, I might just try to increase my reps and thats about it.

Comment

Once the lower back is strong enough deadlifts won't hurt as much reed it was not a good idea to quit altogether and now that your back at it make sure to listen to your brain and stay at a lower weight you can also do hyper extensions while hugging a weight to build your lower back to be deadlift ready

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  You bring wrist straps and chalk with you to the gym Skills?

Even with the best form you can employ you still have to bend your back a bit and it will endure a good deal of the strain during that initial lift all while trying to use your legs as the primary muscle unless you have those Paul Williams arms and can punch someone from across the room.
                  I don't like using straps for deads but use chalk everytime I go heavy.

You could always do rack pulls to substitute for deadlifts. I know a lot of people that do. A safer lift if you are that worried about form.

Regardless, if you disproportionately train your upper back to your lower back you will probably end up hurting your lower back doing some heavy upper back exercises.
                  Last edited by Danny Gunz; 01-03-2014, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X