Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Protein Shake help me lost weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Protein Shake help me lost weight?

Im 15, 5'8, and weigh 197.

I want to be around 150, I train every single day for 2 hours and I wanna know if protein shakes will help me lose some weight, If not, what does it do?

Also, Is it good drinking protein shakes at 15?

and are u supposed to take it before u work out or after?

Protein = body needs for muscle repair/growth

Altough they keep you full protein shakes should be used as supplements, don't just drink protein shakes and avoid eating, should be used if your not getting enough protein in your diet.

Me personally ill eat a high protein meal bout 1/2 hours before I hit the gym and a protein shake after I've finished.

If you wanna lose weight you gotta keep your diet clean
    Real food > protein shakes.

Comment

Short answer; No. Read a little about calorie intake and expenditure. There is no shortcut to losing weight but there are a ton of products for people who think they can throw money at the problem. Don't fall into that trap. It's half education, half execution.

Comment

Losing weight is about creating a calorie deficit.

Protein Shakes for the most part if you're talking about Whey are low in calories. So it's not going to keep your from losing. But in combination with your training it will help you maintain your lean body mass while you lose weight

Comment

Aren't there different types of protein? Like there's one's to build lean muscle only, then there's other proteins for those who want to get bigger. Like Whey Protein does help for what you want. O.N. sells whey protein and Pro Complex. The guy at vitamin shoppe told me pro complex is to get bigger while whey protein is to get lean muscle. Something like that. I went with the whey protein, i'm not fat though, i'm skinny. Not interested in getting big, just getting cut.

Comment

It was my understanding that people generally increase protein intake to build mass, not to lose it.

Comment

Then there's diet protein! which is actually supposed to help reduce fat.

Reflex diet protein.

Comment

Originally posted by CGM View Post
                It was my understanding that people generally increase protein intake to build mass, not to lose it.
                Not true. In fact when for example bodybuilders cut, they actually increase their protein intake and eat leaner sources of protein and decrease their overall calorie intake.

When one wants to lose weight or cut, calories are what need to be monitored.

Comment

It helped me lose weight in that I would cut down my meals and drink a protein shake instead of eat a snack.

So like a light breakfast and lunch everyday with a protein shake in between. It seemed to work.

Comment

In relation to the TS' thread.

Can somebody school me on protein shakes real quick? I'm in great shape, work out 4-5 days a week, mostly my boxing work out regime and a lot of roadwork and stuff. My diet is very clean and healthy and I have never taken any protein shakes but would like to start drinking them as I feel I don't get enough protein in my diet. I also work graveyard shift and some nights I don't feel like eating anything for hours. Can a protein shake help me here? I'm 5'9 145 lbs, and would like to maintain that weight or possibly a few pounds lower.

Comment

Working...
                    X