No announcement yet.

Vera KO'd Andy Lee, so stop the hype!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vera KO'd Andy Lee, so stop the hype!

Jr will win, I say by KO. He has no business losing to a guy who's a journeyman at best. Arum would never allow a potential Martinez-Jr showdown which should bring in decent money. So, please stop hyping that bum. It's nothing more than another Top Rank mismatch.

Well, I don't have LEe winning, but he'll be one of Jr.s best opposition he's faced in his career.

Comment

He's not journeyman

Comment

Like how you just conveniently ignore the rematch where Lee schooled Vera. Lee may not be the next PFP great, but he is a solid, fundamentally sound, world class contender, and a definetely a step up from Peter Manfredo and Marco Rubio. Only thing that makes Jr hot **** is his last name. This is an evenly matched contender fight.

Comment

We really bringing up Lee's 16th fight?

lol. Keep......

So fighters can't improve? So Chavez is the same guy that should have loss to Vanda and Molina?

Comment

You obviously don't know **** about the sport.

Comment

Lee is far from a journeyman he is probably top 5 or 6 in the division, he'll give the paper champ all he can handle

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
                Jr will win, I say by KO. He has no business losing to a guy who's a journeyman at best. Arum would never allow a potential Martinez-Jr showdown which should bring in decent money. So, please stop hyping that bum. It's nothing more than another Top Rank mismatch.
                Wrong , Vera TKO'd LEE and if you actually watch the fight Lee was actively fighting, throwing a punch when the ref stepped in. In other words he wasn't even out on his feet I think the ref just thought he had taken enough punishment.

Lee's biggest mistake in that fight IMO was letting Vera ( a big guy ) come in at I think 162 or 163 and then trying to take him out after having his way with him early.

Secondly, Vera obviously isn't on anyone's P4P list but he did beat Sergio Mora who beat the great Vernon Forrest and drew with Shane Mosley so not a journeyman either.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                  We really bringing up Lee's 16th fight?

lol. Keep......

So fighters can't improve? So Chavez is the same guy that should have loss to Vanda and Molina?
                  Excellent point Phantom. I think most NSB posters live in a bubble, protected from reality and boxing history. Kinda like US Republicans!

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                    Lee is far from a journeyman he is probably top 5 or 6 in the division, he'll give the paper champ all he can handle
                    pretty much this

Comment

Working...
                    X