Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does Dariusz Michalczewski rank on the ALL Time LHW List?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does Dariusz Michalczewski rank on the ALL Time LHW List?

He was within one victory of tying Rocky Marciano's all-time record for an undefeated record by a world champion boxer. He was just one victory short of Joe Louis' all-time record for successful defenses at any weight class. Also he still holds the record for the most consecutive successful title defenses at light heavyweight.

Where would you rank the "Tiger" compared to other light heavyweights of the past?

Last edited by Atreyu Khalil; 03-16-2012, 12:52 PM.

also Dariusz Michalczewski was the actually Linear and Ring Magazine Champion from 1997-2003.

Comment

He is the 2nd greatest LHW of his era. Behind Roy Jones, I don't think either guy is a top 10 LHW of all time. But, it's a pretty solid division with pretty damn good history.

Michalczewski, I would say it's safe to rank him in the top 25 LHW of all time. Not a bad fighter either.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
        also Dariusz Michalczewski was the actually Linear and Ring Magazine Champion from 1997-2003.
        He was the lineal champion. He wasn't the ring champion. Roy was the ring champion once they brought the title back. The Ring like they did in Flyweight ignored the lineage history. They gave Roy the title because I think he the WBA, WBC, and IBF title at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
          He was the lineal champion. He wasn't the ring champion. Roy was the ring champion once they brought the title back. The Ring like they did in Flyweight ignored the lineage history. They gave Roy the title because I think he the WBA, WBC, and IBF title at the time.
          The Ring admitted they made a mistake there

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            They made a mistake at Flyweight too. They had that title vacant for years. While the lineage was still running through all the to Miguel Canto from the 70's.

Comment

@ 2:20

Darius's trainer Fritz Sdunek just came out with a book ADMITTING that Darius FAKED that...he was behind on the cards and had no answers for Rocchigiani....Darius of course had denied what Fritz wrote in the book lol....also Rocchigiani tested positive for something in this fight...so at the end of the day the DQ was justified!!

also, Fritz wrote that he had to take a polygraph test after Wlad lost to Brewster...weird!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                He is the 2nd greatest LHW of his era. Behind Roy Jones, I don't think either guy is a top 10 LHW of all time. But, it's a pretty solid division with pretty damn good history.

Michalczewski, I would say it's safe to rank him in the top 25 LHW of all time. Not a bad fighter either.
                Would you have favored him over Jones?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  I could be wrong but didn't the Ring Magazine declare Dariusz the Lt Heavyweight Champ from 1997-2003?

Comment

Would you have favored him over Jones?
                    No, I would have taken Roy in that fight.

I could be wrong but didn't the Ring Magazine declare Dariusz the Lt Heavyweight Champ from 1997-2003?
                    No, The Ring didn't have titles from 1989-2000. In 2001 they brought back the titles because of how unstatisfied they were with the sanctioning bodies title policies. And, in 01 they gave Roy The Ring title.

So the Ring title went from Roy-Tarver-Johnson-Tarver-Hopkins-Calzaghe-Vacant-Pascal-Hopkins.

The lineal title went from Dariusz-Gonzalez-Erdei

Comment

Working...
                    X