Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Vitali and Old Lewis vs Tyson's resume.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    In all seriousness Lennox Top 5 as a HW isn't unrealistic. The hate he catches is unbelievable.
    It is incredibly unrealistic.

Comment

The win over Mike Tyson boosted Lennox's legacy to the casual boxing fans. Hardcore Tyson addicts who scream he was pass his prime can cry all they want. but when you ask WHO KNOCKED THE **** OUT OF MIKE TYSON. Most casuals will be like 'lennox lewis'. When people mention Mike Tyson people will think criminal pigeon lover, when people mention Lennox Lewis: that's a all time great.

Comment

Originally posted by bergin View Post
        The win over Mike Tyson boosted Lennox's legacy to the casual boxing fans. Hardcore Tyson addicts who scream he was pass his prime can cry all they want. but when you ask WHO KNOCKED THE **** OUT OF MIKE TYSON. Most casuals will be like 'lennox lewis'. When people mention Mike Tyson people will think criminal pigeon lover, when people mention Lennox Lewis: that's a all time great.
        Most casual fans will think Buster Douglas when asked who knocked Tyson out.

Comment

1- Tyson beat a 40 year old version of Larry Holmes that can barely walk unsupported, and 2- Spinks is a smw.

Also this is not about resume vs resume. This is about how a old vitali and a old lennox will do against tyson's wins. And old vitali /lennox knock out both spinks and old holmes within 4-5 rounds easily. MEANWHILE Old Tyson will probably get taken the distance by chris arreola
          if you ask me larry holmes was 50-0 when he fought Tyson, he beat spinks in both fights imo and to quote the great man himself, nobody on vitali'd record of wins could carry old Larry's jockstrap.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            It is incredibly unrealistic.
            You think so?

Apart from Ali Holmes and Louis who would you rate over him with certainty?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              I can't see how the win over Mike Tyson boosted his legacy.
              Lennox Lewis beat "x" champions and HOF's.

There's one of both.

Comment

kiDynamite92 quote on holyfield vs lewis 1 :''Yes Lewis did win that first fight i believe, and it shouldn't have been a draw, but you can't deny the fact that it was close and was a hard fought match for Lennox.''

Why are YOU still here. Lol you got a picture of Mike Tyson doing one of his street thug poses in your avatar and then wrote one of the most surreal sentences i ever read. What fight were you watching if you even watched? Lol. Lennox owned evander 10 rounds to 2 or 9 rounds to 3, how is that a close fight? If it was a close fight it won't be called the robbery of the century by various american boxing medias lol. Lennox didn't break a sweat in that fight and yawned his way to what everyone thought was going to be a clear win. ALSO the 40 year old version of Vitali would have taken the old larry holmes that fought Tyson apart just as easily as Tyson did. Like seriously just admit both Old Vitali and Old Lennox literally destroys Tyson's entire resume.
                I think you need to get some help. That was not an easy win for Lennox, Lennox may have won much more rounds, but the rounds themselves were very close. Did you see in round 3 when Holyfield was pushing around Lewis and had him hurt? And get real dude, Larry Holmes even at that age would easily have outboxed Vitali, don't even start on that. The version of Buster Douglas that fought Tyson I would pick to outpoint Vitali also Frank Bruno and Razor Ruddock. BTW Tyson did a better job on Bruno than what Lennox did, he was getting outboxed in that match by Bruno until finally he landed that combination that stunned Bruno and followed up on the stoppage.

OH BTW street thug pose? In his gloves and boxing shorts? Really?

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                Denying Lewis' greatness is stupid. He dominated an excellent era and erased any black marks on his record. His only downfall being Bowe's refusal to fight him when he literally threw his belt in the trash can.
                I don't deny his greatness, I firing back at the TS and his supporters for having a go a Tyson. Being a former Brit, Lennox is one of my favourite fighters, I like him and Tyson but I can't stand people like TS.

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                As much of a fan I am of Tyson, his resume isn't anything special. A lot of people forget that the division in the mid to late 80's was pretty weak. However, it was the manner in which he was beating everyone that earned him his status.

IF Wladimir went out there and quickly obliterated the majority of his competition, which he COULD do easily, then he'd get more respect from posters on this site.
                ...............THIS...........

Comment

ROFL I HIGHLY DOUBT THE VERSION OF larry ****ing Holmes that fought TYSON could have 'outbox' a 38-40 year old Vitali man.. LOL. You get real. Did you even watch Vitali fights at 38-40 compare to Holmes vs Tyson? Holmes was incredibly out of shape for such a finely toned athlete like himself, slow, sluggish and lacked any sort of punching power. The shots Chisora took from Vitali would have hurt Holmes bad. Also what is this about Frank Bruno. Lennox's Prime was after he got Steward, the Lennox that fought Bruno was Pre Prime. Match the Bruno Tyson beat against the Lennox of Steward days and Lennox will beat him bad as well. Pointing out wars btw like bruno-lewis and mercer-lewis only goes to show how underrated Lennox's chin and heart is. Tyson if he was in those same wars would have quit on his ****ing stool

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeniable View Post
                    Lennox Lewis is the best heavyweight of the past 40 years

Absolutely agree.

Lennox could train for a few months and re-match Vitali and it would be the same outcome = Lewis would bust him up.

Comment

ROFL I HIGHLY DOUBT THE VERSION OF larry ****ing Holmes that fought TYSON could have 'outbox' a 38-40 year old Vitali man.. LOL. You get real. Did you even watch Vitali fights at 38-40 compare to Holmes vs Tyson? Holmes was incredibly out of shape for such a finely toned athlete like himself, slow, sluggish and lacked any sort of punching power. The shots Chisora took from Vitali would have hurt Holmes bad. Also what is this about Frank Bruno. Lennox's Prime was after he got Steward, the Lennox that fought Bruno was Pre Prime. Match the Bruno Tyson beat against the Lennox of Steward days and Lennox will beat him bad as well. Pointing out wars btw like bruno-lewis and mercer-lewis only goes to show how underrated Lennox's chin and heart is. Tyson if he was in those same wars would have quit on his ****ing stool
                      I don't, he came close to out boxing PRIME Evander Holyfield. I don't see him having any problems with f**cking Vitali. He still had a solid jab, he was good on his feet and could take a punch still, not to mention all that experience. Vitali Doesn't even hit that hard, even in his younger days he caugh Chris Byrd with clean shots with his right and he wasn't even hurt, CHRIS f**cking Byrd a natural SMW ROFL. Larry Holmes was not as finally toned as before but thats what happens with age, it doesn't mean that they finished, look at Foreman at 45 who had a big belly and become world champ!

Tyson and no heart? You gotta be f**cking kidding. Did you not see how much shots he took from Holyfield and didn't go down? Did you see how many big punches he ate from Lennox? Or that brutal combination from Douglas that finally put him down? or maybe his wars with Razor Ruddock, the hardest puncher of this generation. Did you see his two wars with him? And yes i know Lennox's prime was with Steward, same as with Tyson and when he was with Kevin Rooney and prior to prison. After he came back he wasn't a shadow of his former self, didn't move his head as much, never used the jab, wasn't as fit and not nearly as fast. Not to mention the whole bunch of new trainers that m0lested Cus Demanto style that Tyson was taught. Lennox didn't beat that Tyson, he beat a Tyson that was overbulked and nothing more than a one dimensional bomber at the time, but hay don't believe me, go watch Tyson vs Botha and see for yourself. He was getting out boxed by a bum at the time, till he landed a punch that ended it all, but he was out boxed for most of that match. That's the Tyson that Lennox beat up, a broken man who was nothing more than a bomber with some speed. Lennox chose to stay in the f**cking amatuers when Tyson was in his prime, he didn't wanna come through than cause he knew he was gonna get KTFO.

Comment

Working...
                      X