No announcement yet.

why boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why boxing?

just curious, what motivates you to box?

I was a lazy ass bastard last year so I decided no more lazy. Plus I saw Rocky for my first time last year and turned me onto boxing (because it's such a realistic boxing movie). Also, boxing forces me to keep in shape so I don't just sit around all day watching tv or whatever.

Comment

rofl Rocky is realistic :P?

I was lazy, fat, weak and had no friends. Needed to burn some anger on something. And boxing looked cool (I admit that stuff like rocky and hajime no ippo inpsired me...) And i have been doing it for a year now.

Comment

It's the oldest form of hand to hand basically. The Romans would put on leather straps with metal studs attached and fight to the death. Personnaly I always thought I needed to get good with my hands to fight off my older brother, and other guys that wanted to kick my ass.

Comment

healthy,relieve anger/stress,just love the sport,and ****ing up people who talk **** on the street...LOL

Comment

I did it out of pure curiosity at first. Plus, a kid that said that he was a boxer challenged me and stated that he would kick my ass if I showed up at that gym, not to mention that he would pay my membership fee. He never showed, but I did.

I found it a great vent for my anger, a place where I could cut loose and yet still have honor when I was done, unlike venting that anger in the streets. After being tortured by older and stronger siblings I wanted to make sure that I could fend for my self in any situation, I feel confident of my abilities if placed in the situation now. I just wanted to make sure that no body could harm me.

The adrenaline is not mentioned much, but it is there. In overdosing quan****** it seemed to flow through my veins as I fought under the lights, to that feeling there is nothing in the world to compare.

Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin1
              I did it out of pure curiosity at first. Plus, a kid that said that he was a boxer challenged me and stated that he would kick my ass if I showed up at that gym, not to mention that he would pay my membership fee. He never showed, but I did.

I found it a great vent for my anger, a place where I could cut loose and yet still have honor when I was done, unlike venting that anger in the streets. After being tortured by older and stronger siblings I wanted to make sure that I could fend for my self in any situation, I feel confident of my abilities if placed in the situation now. I just wanted to make sure that no body could harm me.

The adrenaline is not mentioned much, but it is there. In overdosing quan****** it seemed to flow through my veins as I fought under the lights, to that feeling there is nothing in the world to compare.

Rockin'
              good for you homie,wish you the best of luck

Comment

Basically my mate got me into boxing as me and another mate were having a conversation on my doorstep. He comes over and it just somehow got onto the subject of boxing (dotn ask how, cant remember). Then he was like telling me a bit abotu it. My other mate didnt really care about it. But i was interested. Then i basically started watching some fights. (This is all in like the last 5-6 months, so my knowledge is lower than almost every poster when it comes to boxing).

Then me and him said that we need to join a boxing gym. When we joined, we knew we were good beginners and this helped us become pretty good. (I have only been at my club about 4-5 months now and already am considered a good boxer). However there are loads better than me. As you can probably understand.

That was basically it. Plus i had self motivation to be able to defend myself and get fit, and all that ****. But to me that was like something that happened after i discovered the sport. Had it not been for my friend i probably would have continued playing football (soccer).

Comment

Originally posted by xXslimXx
                  healthy,relieve anger/stress,just love the sport,and ****ing up people who talk **** on the street...LOL
                  i agree, relieves stress and gives me self confidence and good health (if you train well and eat healthy)

Comment

Originally posted by zip
                    rofl Rocky is realistic :P?

I was lazy, fat, weak and had no friends. Needed to burn some anger on something. And boxing looked cool (I admit that stuff like rocky and hajime no ippo inpsired me...) And i have been doing it for a year now.
                    hajime no ippo? isnt that the anime thing? Is it really good.. I'm thinking of buying that movie but I dont know where to buy it.

Comment

Working...
                    X