No announcement yet.

Prime 4 prime who would win Lennox Lewis vs Tyson/Holy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GJC View Post
    Would argue that Lewis was prime, certainly not as shot as Tyson but past prime IMO
    GLC.. you being a huge Lewis fan i would like to hear your answer to the thread question

Comment

Lewis's biggest flaw imo was not so much his chin but more his concentration. Lewis was inclined to switch off in fights,he let the Tyson fight go longer than he should of done, in the Holy rematch he stopped using the jab and fell to sleep mid fight, despite the fact he was dominant early when he actually used the jab and kept Holy on the outside, however a focus Lewis is the one that knocked Rahman,Golota out, or the one that did not give David Tua a sniff in the fight.

Lewis has just as much of a chance of beating Tyson/Holy as they do beating him imo. I reckon it would be tit for tat if they both fought him 5 times, i can see Lewis winning his share and Tyson/Holy.

Comment

50/50 with both of them. Depends which version of who showed up.

Comment

just a general question, what is regarded as Lewis' peak?
          If I was to guess, I'd say 94- 2000,
          Does anybody agree with that?

Comment

I think Lewis at his best would've beaten them both really. I'm talking about Lewis after he joined up with Steward when his technique got much better, the younger Lewis with the loose technique would've probably lost to both.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
              Lewis's biggest flaw imo was not so much his chin but more his concentration. Lewis was inclined to switch off in fights,he let the Tyson fight go longer than he should of done, in the Holy rematch he stopped using the jab and fell to sleep mid fight, despite the fact he was dominant early when he actually used the jab and kept Holy on the outside, however a focus Lewis is the one that knocked Rahman,Golota out, or the one that did not give David Tua a sniff in the fight.

Lewis has just as much of a chance of beating Tyson/Holy as they do beating him imo. I reckon it would be tit for tat if they both fought him 5 times, i can see Lewis winning his share and Tyson/Holy.
              your obviously a Lewis fan and deluding yourself of his attributes... Lennox Lewis was champion in late 1992 and quit the game in 2003 during that 10yrs period Lewis fought only 4 fighters who was at the top of their game (prime).. Mercer, McCall, Rahman & Vitali Klitschko... we all know what happened in those 4 fights.
              Prime Holyfield is the guy who beat - Bowe, Foreman, Holmes
              Prime Tyson is the guy who beat - Tucker, Tubbs, Thomas, Spinks & Holmes
              Prime Lewis is the guy who beat - Mercer, McCall (2), Golota, Briggs & Akinwande

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                your obviously a Lewis fan and deluding yourself of his attributes... Lennox Lewis was champion in late 1992 and quit the game in 2003 during that 10yrs period Lewis fought only 4 fighters who was at the top of their game (prime).. Mercer, McCall, Rahman & Vitali Klitschko... we all know what happened in those 4 fights.
                Prime Tyson is the guy who beat -c Tucker, Tubbs, Thomas, Spinks & Holmes
                Prime Lewis is the guy who beat - Mercer, MCall (2), Golota, Briggs & Akinwande
                Im not a Lewis fan. I respect what he has done but i was never what you would call a fan of his.

Lets be real sonnyboyx2, you just hate his guts.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                  Prime Tyson is the guy who beat - Tucker, Tubbs, Thomas, Spinks & Holmes
                  Prime Lewis is the guy who beat - Mercer, McCall (2), Golota, Briggs & Akinwande
                  Dynamite Kid is not a Lewis fan.

Sonnybox2 is a Lewis hater.

Comment

Holyfield loses.
                    Tyson wins. His prime was too dangerous for any boxer I can envision to deal with (besides Ali and Foreman).

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                      Im not a Lewis fan. I respect what he has done but i was never what you would call a fan of his.

Lets be real sonnyboyx2, you just hate his guts.
                      wrong... i dont hate the fighters guts, in fact i like him.. but i am consistant in my perception of him as a boxer.. i tell it how i believe and see it, now that may not be to everyones taste but i am always willing to have a discussion on Lewis or any other fighter... i get called a Lewis hater simply because there are some who do not like me to put into words how i seen his career unfold, these same people come out with ridiculous comments of "How Lewis would beat Fighter A 5 times out of 10 should they have fought that many times, or how Lewis had `A Great Jab" - i would like to know when did he use this imaginary Great Jab"?... they claim Lewis to be in the Top 5 ATG List, yet no Boxing corespondent EVER has had Lewis in their Top 10 never mind Top 5 List... Bert Sugar does not have him in his Top 100... Sorry but i am not someone who rates Lennox highly, i have seen him fight Live`on 5 occasions and know that he is not the mythical destroyer some claim him to be...

Comment

Working...
                      X