Power lifting movements

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power lifting movements

Hello
    I have been starting to incorporate power lifting movements into my routine. I was thinking of adding squats and deadlifts to increase leg size and strength. I follow a bodybuilding type of style in terms of exercises as this is what I enjoy. I do boxing but I fit both in my regiment. I do stretching so flexibility is not really a issue

I'd just watch out for high weight/low reps. It can leave your muscles in a state where they can get injured when doing quick movements and tricky angles like in boxing.

Comment

If you are just starting you need to build a base strenght. Starting Strength by Mark Ripitoe is a great place to begin from.

http://startingstrength.com/

Comment

thank you, I do high volume hypertrophy workouts to build mass, I know it goes against the bodybuilding principle that lifting is bad for you, I have seen tyson and anthony joshua lift weights. I want to get big as them or possibly bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by AHussain123 View Post
          thank you, I do high volume hypertrophy workouts to build mass, I know it goes against the bodybuilding principle that lifting is bad for you, I have seen tyson and anthony joshua lift weights. I want to get big as them or possibly bigger.
          Someone like Tyson is the 0.000001%. He is right up there with Bo Jackson in terms of born physical ability.

Comment

Originally posted by AHussain123 View Post
            Tyson says he was a fat kid and leaned out. For thin or average guys to get that kind of bulk you need to either dedicate yourself to bodybuilding or get on that juice.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Tyson says he was a fat kid and leaned out. For thin or average guys to get that kind of bulk you need to either dedicate yourself to bodybuilding or get on that juice.
              from what I heard, tyson used to lift weights, I think cus told him to stop because cus did not believe in lifting weights.

Comment

Working...
              X