Here are the top ten earners in the game of boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CodeBreaker View Post
    Wilder too low
    Wilders highest pay day is around $2 mil he probably shouldn't even be on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Tony Bellew is #9??? Surprised to see him on the list. What have his paydays been since 2016? Haye paid him that much????

Where is Usyk at? He shoulda made $10M+ for winning the WBSS tournament. Not sure what Callum Smith was making previous to the WBSS but he woulda made $10M+ for winning it to. I'd assume Kovalev would be in contention to despite him screwing himself in the Ward rematch iirc. He was getting those supposedly sexy HBO paydays for awhile.
      Bellew's last two fights have been on Sky Box Office, with the Usyk fight also set to be on Sky Box Office. He likely has maybe two fights left, but he's on the money now.

Comment

Wow, not an American in the top 5 and only 3 on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          4. Danny Garcia
          -Wilder
          -Spence
          -Bellew
          -Stevenson
          [Order them however you want, all of these guys are currently on the money]

9. Golovkin
          [Golovkin is also a network free agent, and no one is amped for it at all. Speaks volumes, in my opinion]
          Wouldn't GGG have more in his bank account then the group you got above him. Granted I think he's in the same ballpark as those guys for his regular fights, but those Canelo fights should put him above them I'd think. I mean I'm sure he made AT LEAST $20M off of those two fights alone. I'm not sure any of the guys above him have made $20M in their careers & certainly not in the last couple years as is the cutoff period we are talking about. GGG is for sure higher then 9.

Comment

Wouldn't GGG have more in his bank account then the group you got above him. Granted I think he's in the same ballpark as those guys for his regular fights, but those Canelo fights should put him above them I'd think. I mean I'm sure he made AT LEAST $20M off of those two fights alone. I'm not sure any of the guys above him have made $20M in their careers & certainly not in the last couple years as is the cutoff period we are talking about. GGG is for sure higher then 9.
            Basically, I've tried to rate the fighters by the amount of money that they draw for their fights.

Golovkin did great for his family on those Canelo paydays, but do remember that those are Canelo paydays.

Golovkin had to wait on Canelo to set his family, had to travel to the UK for a major payday, and is now apparently looking at traveling to Murata's Japan for his next real payday. He's getting paid better for it, but he's almost a road warrior at this point

Comment

Scipio is obviously trolling or ******ed. Golovkin alone has more endorsement deals than all PBC fighters altogether. He easily made 70 million plus in his career.

Try again you British dosser. You bum!! You’re momma is a bum. Punk.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                Fury and Bellew should be 5 and 6 on your list, Dillian Whyte probably 7. Bellew and Whyte are PPV in the UK and Fury gets 5 mil a fight. Kell Brook should be on there too. UK fighters get paid well.

Forgot about Khan.

Might aswell just make it a UK list.
                I did think about Fury, long, and hard, but the numbers don't bear out, he was out for such a long time, that he was unable to match up with anyone on the list financially.

By no means does the GK make short money, but it's not long enough to make this list.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  So you just made these numbers up?
                  Not sure what to do with this point, do some research, feel free to refute my list with academic reasoning.

You will find it's difficult, for example, did YOU know that Danny Garcia is a more successful businessman than fighter, he makes straight bank off his businesses, and his clothing line.

All these people are hating on the list, but few of them have published a credible argument in opposition of it.

Comment

Tony Bellew is #9??? Surprised to see him on the list. What have his paydays been since 2016? Haye paid him that much????

Where is Usyk at? He shoulda made $10M+ for winning the WBSS tournament. Not sure what Callum Smith was making previous to the WBSS but he woulda made $10M+ for winning it to. I'd assume Kovalev would be in contention to despite him screwing himself in the Ward rematch iirc. He was getting those supposedly sexy HBO paydays for awhile.
                    why are you surprised, he sells tickets, and he sells PPVs, and he is the A side of the promotions he participates in, TB being on the list should be a surprise to nobody.

He is brash, and a little annoying, but the man is a cash cow, period.

Comment

This list is terrible

Belles for example earned 16m dollars in total vs haye

He is third or fourth

Comment

Working...
                      X