No announcement yet.

Golden Contract - MTK / SKY Sports

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Contract - MTK / SKY Sports

Golden Contract: Quarter-final draw explained ahead of next Friday's featherweight competition

Innovative eight-man tournament kicks off with featherweight quarter-finals on Friday October 4, live on Sky Sports.

The Golden Contract offers a lucrative opportunity for fighters to transform their careers, but how will Tuesday's draw add a twist to the innovative event?

Current champions, unbeaten prospects, and enigmatic challengers have already confirmed their entry in The Golden Contract, organised by MTK Global in association with Matchroom Boxing, which kicks off with the featherweight quarter-finals at London's iconic York Hall on October 4, live on Sky Sports.

Eight fighters will compete at featherweight, super-lightweight and light-heavyweight, with the three divisional winners earning a two-year, five-fight deal with six-figure purses for each fight guaranteed.

Knockout bonuses are also on offer and the 126lb curtain-raiser features current British champion Ryan Walsh, Commonwealth king Leigh Wood, former Lonsdale belt holder Jazza Dickens, Davey Oliver Joyce, Tyrone McCullagh, Cuban Hairon Socarras, Mexico's Carlos Araujo and Spaniard Carlos Ramos

Entrants will not find out who they are facing until fight week - and Tuesday's draw is expected to crank up tension and animosity ahead of the opening bell.

The draw, which will be streamed on the Sky Sports Boxing social channels, will be conducted in the following way:

The Golden Contract Draw

1. Eight balls will be placed in a bag; four blue (numbered 1-4) and four red (not numbered).

2. All eight fighters draw a ball from the bag in turn.

3. The fighters who draw a blue ball (starting with the fighter who drew the blue ball numbered '1') choose their opponent from the fighters who drew red balls.

Watch The Golden Contract featherweight quarter-finals from 8pm on Friday October 4, live on Sky Sports.

Last edited by Chrismart; 09-29-2019, 06:35 PM.

Basically Prizefighter remodelled

Comment

Last edited by Chrismart; 10-01-2019, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Walsh, Wood, McCullagh and Dickens through to the semis.

Comment

Comment

I thought Ohara Davies said he is set for life? Now he pops up in this gimmicky round-robin tournament...

Comment

Ohara Davies, Tyrone McKenna, Mohamed Mimoune and Jeff Ofori move on to the semis.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
                I thought Ohara Davies said he is set for life? Now he pops up in this gimmicky round-robin tournament...
                you young pretty boys.. make me smile.. awesome fans of the sweet science...

i enjoy your posts.. i miss a few old timers.. who died... solid guys... i am better having know them some of them.. ray... etc.. i was on this site way before me join date.. even then... i felt some fear to post..

my grand papa was a fighter.. my dad too.. me too. but i was no good..

i hide in the day light.. paul..

pints on you.. food on me?

Comment

It's the Light-Heavyweights this weekend :

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                    It's the Light-Heavyweights this weekend :

Michel, Bolotniks, Conroy and Burton move on to the semis.

Comment

Working...
                    X