Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outside of Manny what current boxer has a better resume then Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
    Lara? Why are we taking the official decision as gospel and ignoring what happened in the actual fight? I don't disagree with you, Canelo has fought the best, but he's a PED user and always has the judges on his side. Just look at the some of the scorecards he got vs. Trout, Mayweather, Lara, and Golovkin I.
    I agree he has some horrible scorecards..but the Trout win I dont understand how its questioned...He looked great...Lara had his shot but didnt take it...Mayweather was the one that made Goldenboy a joke..and GGG 1 was a close fight IMO..could have gone either way,, not a robbery

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
      So who has a better resume if his is trash?
      Oleksandr Usyk
      Vasily Lomachenko
      Tyson Fury
      Danny Garcia
      Jermall Charlo
      Erislandy Lara
      Last edited by llll; 08-10-2019, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Golovkin and Lara??? wouldnt Cotto actually be his best win since you listed Rigo for Loma? who else on Lomas resume compares to Cotto?
        Lomachenko’s best win is Russell, Canelo’s is Golovkin by a mile. Cotto was an old manlet, not too unlike Rigondeaux (what was he? Top 3 pfp?). Lara is the weakest of the entire bunch, just a bunch of hype on a guy that never did nothing in his life. So even-ish.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
          Lomachenko’s best win is Russell, Canelo’s is Golovkin by a mile. Cotto was an old manlet, not too unlike Rigondeaux (what was he? Top 3 pfp?). Lara is the weakest of the entire bunch, just a bunch of hype on a guy that never did nothing in his life. So even-ish.
          And yet Lara beat Canelo.

He also beat Paul williams. Robbed both times.

Lara is a superior fighter to Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by ikigai View Post
            And yet Lara beat Canelo.

He also beat Paul williams. Robbed both times.

Lara is a superior fighter to Canelo.
            He should have a win over Williams shouldn’t he? I dunno doe, Larry likes to stick to the “facts”.

Comment

You can dislike the guy and his handlers/personality..But how can you trash the guys resume?? If you wanna trash his resume then what CURRENT boxers is better?
              The thing with canelo is.. when you skim through the names.. it’s impressive.
              But when you look at either when he fought them, or how close/debatable the scoring was. It detracts from the overall picture.

I think he beat Golovkin the second time by a point but lost the first one by a point or maybe two at best.

I think he beat Lara but very close, worthy of a rematch. But Lara is such a “negative” fighter, I say bad luck to him, he should’ve done more but didn’t.

I think he had a close fight with Jacobs, potentially even a draw. But Jacobs waited too long to turn it on, and just missed out.

I think he beat Cotto pretty Cleary, but didn’t exactly blow him away.

Apart from the low level opponents like Amir khan and Kirkland etc.
              He never really impresses me.

I think he doesn’t have as much pressure as a fighter to turn it up, because the close fights always go his way.

He’s definitely up there with the best, but I just don’t the special fighter.
              No disrespect intended.

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
                The thing with canelo is.. when you skim through the names.. it’s impressive.
                But when you look at either when he fought them, or how close/debatable the scoring was. It detracts from the overall picture.

I think he beat Golovkin the second time by a point but lost the first one by a point or maybe two at best.

I think he beat Lara but very close, worthy of a rematch. But Lara is such a “negative” fighter, I say bad luck to him, he should’ve done more but didn’t.

I think he had a close fight with Jacobs, potentially even a draw. But Jacobs waited too long to turn it on, and just missed out.

I think he beat Cotto pretty Cleary, but didn’t exactly blow him away.

Apart from the low level opponents like Amir khan and Kirkland etc.
                He never really impresses me.

I think he doesn’t have as much pressure as a fighter to turn it up, because the close fights always go his way.

He’s definitely up there with the best, but I just don’t the special fighter.
                No disrespect intended.
                Agree. Alvarez best wins are close controversial wins over GGG and Lara.
                Jacobs is a good win, but he'0-3 against top guys.
                Cotto was faded and probably worst MW champ ever.(beat a 1 legged guy for title)
                Trout's an OK win, but he's lost every time he steps up in class.
                No other wins stand out, and remember Alvarez has 35 wins in Mexico.

Comment

I would say GGG has a better resume because I think he beat Canelo both fights which makes him an undefeated boxer. He also beat Jacobs first in Jacobs's home state and dropped Jacobs. I consider Jacobs the best fighter Canelo ever really beat. Add to that GGG's record tying 20 successful middleweight world title defenses which included Murray, Macklin. Geale, Stevens and Lemieux who were all top 10 contenders by the respected Ring magazine at the time he knocked them out. Add to that his run of 22 KOs in a row. Jacobs's trainer Andre Rozier also said he considers GGG an undefeated fighter having beaten Canelo twice in his opinion.

Comment

Working...
                  X