Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum and Eddie Hearn never let their big name fighters fight on other networks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stokely View Post
    LMAOOO! You completely diverted the topic to talk about Jermall Charlo's ticket sales.

NEW YORK – Fighting for the first time in New York City, Fresno, California’s Jose Ramirez notched a spirited 12-round unanimous decision over a game Amir Imam at the newly-named Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden. Though the fight was fairly one-sided, pitched as it was at Ramirez’s aggressive pace, it featured enough back-and-forth action to sustain the boozy, rambunctious demands of a St. Patrick’s Day crowd of 4,672 (many of whom were here for no other reason than to see their Irish compatriot Mick Conlan rack up another win on the undercard). The scores were 115-113, 117-111, and 120-108. With the victory, Ramirez, now 22-0 (16), won the WBC 140-pound belt, which was rendered vacant after former unified champion Terence Crawford moved up a division.

Jose Ramirez can sell and give out as many dirt cheap tickets in his hometown Fresno, but when it's time to sell in big markets like LA, DALLAS, NEW YORK, LAS VEGAS, etc. He isn't selling ****, even his TV ratings are shlt.

Bob Arum knew this that's why he was so willing to send Ramirez to fight on DAZN.
    Lmao 😂 The reason he let them go is because Eddie Hearne offered him $4.25 million 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Nice try? How TF are you going to try me when I actually post the commission reports LMAO.

And did you read what I said? Read what I said....And read the thread I posted and see the actual numbers for all these cards.
      Are you denying that Ramirez sales 10-14k tix in Fresno? Are you saying Jermall and Jermall sold more than half of that in their last 2 fights?

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
        Are you denying that Ramirez sales 10-14k tix in Fresno? Are you saying Jermall and Jermall sold more than half of that in their last 2 fights?
        Go look at the damn commission reports I posted. Actually, let me make it easier for you and post them here:

Ramirez vs Reed (11/11/17)

Sold - 7,484
        Exempt 5,659
        Gross Receipts = 131,683
        Average Ticket Price = $17.60

Ramirez vs Orozco (9/14/18)

Sold = 3,629
        Exempt = 7,101
        Gross Receipts = 101,166.16
        Average Ticket Price = $27.88

Charlo vs Cota (6/23/19) Las Vegas

Gate: $210,325.00
        Sold: 5,129
        Comps: 902
        Average Ticket: $41.00

Jermall Charlo vs Brandon Adams (6/29/19) Houston, Texas

Sold = 4,912
        Comp = 650
        Live Gate = $522,050
        TV Contract = 1,000,000

I'm not guessing on ANYTHING. I'm giving you facts on Jermell's fight in Vegas, Jermall's fight in Houston and Ramirez's fights in Fresno.

Comment

Jose Ramires sells more tix than the charlos grj etc.

What you don’t mention is pbc won’t let their top guys fight on DAZN or espn.
          I already posted receipts on Ramirez gate sales. Love Ramirez, but those gate sales were absolutely disgusting.

Both Charlo's out sold that by a good margin last fight, especially Jermall fighting in Houston.
          Lmao Kali is never right about anything

Comment

Haymon is a huge cancer.

Look at Jermall Charlo. He hasn't fought any of the top 10 guys in his division.

Comment

Go look at the damn commission reports I posted. Actually, let me make it easier for you and post them here:

Ramirez vs Reed (11/11/17)

Sold - 7,484
              Exempt 5,659
              Gross Receipts = 131,683
              Average Ticket Price = $17.60

Ramirez vs Orozco (9/14/18)

Sold = 3,629
              Exempt = 7,101
              Gross Receipts = 101,166.16
              Average Ticket Price = $27.88

Charlo vs Cota (6/23/19) Las Vegas

Gate: $210,325.00
              Sold: 5,129
              Comps: 902
              Average Ticket: $41.00

Jermall Charlo vs Brandon Adams (6/29/19) Houston, Texas

Sold = 4,912
              Comp = 650
              Live Gate = $522,050
              TV Contract = 1,000,000

I'm not guessing on ANYTHING. I'm giving you facts on Jermell's fight in Vegas, Jermall's fight in Houston and Ramirez's fights in Fresno.
              you seem to not know what exempt means

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                Lmao Kali is never right about anything
                I’m almost always right fam

Comment

you seem to not know what exempt means
                  LMFAO!!!!!

Sit down, I've been posting these for a good minute and know just how well the show REALLY does. Like I was saying, Ramirez gate was far less than both Charlo's last fights, especially Jermall's. Not one lie I stated.

Ramirez fights do pretty damn bad numbers at the gate. Sure they fill up, but the tickets are dirt cheap. That's why the actual gate sales is FAR more important than tickets sold.

It is widely known his fights aren't great at the gate yet seems like you finally found out now. I'm pretty sure his gate sales have been laughed at a few times on social media.

Comment

LMFAO!!!!!

Sit down, I've been posting these for a good minute and know just how well the show REALLY does. Like I was saying, Ramirez gate was far less than both Charlo's last fights, especially Jermall's. Not one lie I stated.

Ramirez fights do pretty damn bad numbers at the gate. Sure they fill up, but the tickets are dirt cheap. That's why the actual gate sales is FAR more important than tickets sold.

It is widely known his fights aren't great at the gate yet seems like you finally found out now. I'm pretty sure his gate sales have been laughed at a few times on social media.
                    you don’t know what exempt means. U see confusing with comps which they aren’t. They are all sold through the Latino Water Collision which is a non profit and tax exempt. He makes a percentage. You really have no clue how much revenue he brings in. Why do you think that they keep putting his fights there vs a site fee at hard rock like Hurd vs Charlo ?

Comment

you don’t know what exempt means. U see confusing with comps which they aren’t. They are all sold through the Latino Water Collision which is a non profit and tax exempt. He makes a percentage. You really have no clue how much revenue he brings in. Why do you think that they keep putting his fights there vs a site fee at hard rock like Hurd vs Charlo ?
                      LMAO!!!!Latino Water Collision? Exempt tickets are given by every promotion and often times they are just given away to those organizations. You are out of your mind if you think Ramirez generates a gate close to Jermall Charlo did in Houston. Case in point, let me give you the numbers for Ramirez vs Zepeda:

Sold: 13,509
                      Exempt: 756
                      Gate: $187,014

How much do you think he is getting off those 756 exempt passes? Stop trying to act like this is a guy that generates a big gate when he absolutely doesn't.

To think he comes close to the 500k+ that Jermall did in Houston is laughable, even if he only sold four or five thousand tickets.

Comment

Working...
                      X