Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NY Literacy Test for Teachers Deemed Racist, After Too Many Minority Teachers Failed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

English teachers in the hood be like

"Your a dumbass Carl your to stupid you won't not pass my class."

Comment

All humans are equal except some humans are more equal than others.

Comment

''ms johnson.''
        ''yeah what.''
        ''1 + 1 doesnt = 11.''
        ''who is you tryna correck ?!?!?!?''

Comment

******ed teachers teaching ******ed students.

Comment

You know, why is it it is the west that have the most ******ed people in the world? You got smart people there, but you also have equally stupid people there. Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
              You know, why is it it is the west that have the most ******ed people in the world? You got smart people there, but you also have equally stupid people there. Why?
              Wouldn't exactly call the West having the most ******ed people.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                Wouldn't exactly call the West having the most ******ed people.
                Ohhh with the Millenials I would. Western people are one of the smartest, yet somewhat the stupids in there are the most vocal. I'm not western, I'm a Third World citizen who went abroad in the west then went back down to my home country despite having a choice to migrate permanently (that in itself is stupid), so I don't have the power to judge, but from what I've seen in the Television, youtube, Alt right channels....I would have concluded. But I welcome on being wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                  What exactly about the title is misleading?
                  The people are NOT saying that the exam itself is racist. The argument is that the test does not distinguish better teachers from worse teachers AND it excludes minorities disproportionately. Both of those things are crucial to the argument being made, and the title only hints at one (intentionally).

For example, imagine I had a process for choosing applicants for a given job that disproportionately excluded White candidates and that there was no evidence that the selection process resulted in picking out the better candidates in the pool. Deciding to keep that process in place, in spite of a lack of evidence that it is a useful tool for picking people for the job, could only serve the purpose of making a less White pool of people in the job. That action itself is what is being called racist (as it should be), the test itself is just a bunch of questions that most likely is not unfair to people of any particular race.
                  Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 03-16-2017, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Effnics ain't got to be knowing how to read and **** to be no teacher! who came up with that crazy idea?

Comment

Well a white guy had this to say:

Charles Sahm, the director of education policy at the Manhattan Institute, a conservative think tank, is a strong supporter of raising the bar for teachers. But, he said, he’s not a fan of this particular literacy test.

Sahm took the $20 practice exam and thought it was a poorly designed test with multiple-choice questions that seemed to have more than one correct answer.

"I do agree that it's not a great test," Sahm said. "I found the reading comprehension section to be kind of infuriating. I only got 21 out of 40 right."
                      Regardless, the United States Pre k-12 educational system is poor altogether, it's one of the worst educational systems of any developed country..but the US military is #1, that's all that matters. The pay is crap, the template of what you can teach is crap, information is omitted purposely, textbooks that favor US are used, i'd hate to be a teacher.

You could earn so much more with another civil service job. And teaching minorities in public schools is a pain in the ass, plain and simple, and i'm a minority. There's exceptions, but mostly they come to play around and be cool. They're taught nothing by their even less educated parents so teachers have to be an academic guide as well as a parental guide to most minorities. Some good kids that come to learn are eventually turned into bad kids due to the overwhelming majority of bad peers that outnumber the good one's. A serious parent should put their kid in a private school, or even home school them.

Comment

Working...
                      X