No announcement yet.

NFL Player's Association opposed to HGH blood testing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
    NFL wants to implement HGH blood testing after the rugby player tested positive for HGH. The player's association however is opposed to blood testing.

Surely they're all on HGH then since they're all collectively refusing to be tested right????
    Uhhh...yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by royin View Post
      I dont understand why people insists on blood testing. Blood testing is not safe because there is a risk that you would get infected with AIDS, Hepa B or other viruses. Im in favor of drug testing but we should also consider the safety of the athletes. Urine testing is the most safe and reliable method of drug testing that is why it is more prefered than blood testing.
      Do you live in the third world?

While you can argue that urine testing is safer, it certainly isn't the most reliable. Blood testing is far more accurate.

Urine testing is preferred because it is less costly and getting the sample is easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolling Stone View Post
        if you told the players you would each earn 25 million dollars if you agree to the drug tests im sure it will be a different story
        Got'em Knockout

Comment

the reason they're giving is that ppl can then find out about diseases such as AIDS and stuff, diseases that don't matter, which they wouldn't want to come out in the public. because basically a blood test makes u an open book, u might be alienated by other players, the public could get to know stuff..

i just think it's a cover-up for the real reason that they're on HGH, though.

Comment

Originally posted by paulsinghnl View Post
            the reason they're giving is that ppl can then find out about diseases such as AIDS and stuff, diseases that don't matter, which they wouldn't want to come out in the public. because basically a blood test makes u an open book, u might be alienated by other players, the public could get to know stuff..

i just think it's a cover-up for the real reason that they're on HGH, though.
            Its no secret the NFL and NBA both have a good amount of athlethes on PEDs such as HGH.

I think LT was PEDs which is the reason for his sudden sharp decline. They just caught Rashawed Lewis from the Magic earlier this year with PEDs in his system.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalion View Post
              Its no secret the NFL and NBA both have a good amount of athlethes on PEDs such as HGH.

I think LT was PEDs which is the reason for his sudden sharp decline. They just caught Rashawed Lewis from the Magic earlier this year with PEDs in his system.
              Yeah i agree a lot of athletes are on some type of PEDS, but LT?Are u serious?You do know 29 is an age where a lot of running backs decline

Comment

The worst thing is the example it sets for kids, thats why ppl in college and universities use PED's like that more and recreationally now. u see these huge guys in the student gyms or sports and all.

the real (theoretical) danger which won't be shown until after 10 years or so, are the synthetic hormones that lead to dangerous cancers and specific deficiencies. Lyle Alzado had brain cancer, but they couldn't find the proof because it's a very long connection. however, hormones in your body determine how your life will look, it's a very primitive level.

your hormones determine your muscle increases after workouts and such, but also very basic primitive stuff as in how much your heart beats, where a cancer can develop. it's all written in there. you can not mess with that.

if you start using synthetic or even human hormones, you have a big chance you will experience reprecussions later.

this is what i've understood out of theory until now. hope i've enlightened some of you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by paulsinghnl View Post
                  The worst thing is the example it sets for kids, thats why ppl in college and universities use PED's like that more and recreationally now. u see these huge guys in the student gyms or sports and all.

the real (theoretical) danger which won't be shown until after 10 years or so, are the synthetic hormones that lead to dangerous cancers and specific deficiencies. Lyle Alzado had brain cancer, but they couldn't find the proof because it's a very long connection. however, hormones in your body determine how your life will look, it's a very primitive level.

your hormones determine your muscle increases after workouts and such, but also very basic primitive stuff as in how much your heart beats, where a cancer can develop. it's all written in there. you can not mess with that.

if you start using synthetic or even human hormones, you have a big chance you will experience reprecussions later.

this is what i've understood out of theory until now. hope i've enlightened some of you guys.
                  Exactly, Same thing with these energy drinks everyone is sucking down nowadays. 10-15 years from now i wouldnt be surprised if some sort of liver/kidney complacation come from heavy usage.

Comment

Exactly, Same thing with these energy drinks everyone is sucking down nowadays. 10-15 years from now i wouldnt be surprised if some sort of liver/kidney complacation come from heavy usage.
                    definitely bro. just like people drink coffee now, it will be energy drinks, cuz they can't be without. that's some ridiculous stuff man.. Cocaine drink.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
                      NFL wants to implement HGH blood testing after the rugby player tested positive for HGH. The player's association however is opposed to blood testing.

Surely they're all on HGH then since they're all collectively refusing to be tested right????
                      it's the player's association, not the "collective" group of players.

if you ask each player, to a man, if they would take the tests for career-high paydays, i wonder what the answer would be then.....

i know what the answer would be for those cheating.

Comment

Working...
                      X