No announcement yet.

Joshua lost in New York.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    Dude both Ruiz and Joshua got dropped go watch the replay the doctor checked on both fighters after the 3rd and like I said Ref gave him every chance

If it was Ruiz dropped twice and the referee told him to walk towards me and he didn't do you honestly think he would see the 4th round?
    When did either of them get taken to a neutral corner and have the doctor check them out in the 3rd round?

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
      Wilder beat Ortiz in New York. In that fight they felt the need to give Wilder a time out when he looked in trouble. Everybody called it a bit of a con job and it was questionable tactics but it was made quite clear it is a New York State rule and there was nothing wrong with what they did.

So where was that assistance for Joshua? His fight was in New York too. I saw all the PBC trolls on here saying Joshua thought he was back in the UK where the ref would assist him in recovery time. But it was in NY where its in the rules to give you recovery time. WE SAW IT HAPPEN WITH WILDER. So why not Joshua?

Infact what is the point of that rule if it is not to check if somebody has been concussed or similar? Does it only apply to PBC fighters? Funny rule.
      Someone is going to have to show me this rule that says the ref should stop a round after 3 seconds and then send a fighter off to the doctor for a bit of a general health check and recovery session.

Cuts and injuries, yes I'm fine with that. They're not recovering and you want to make sure they can actually continue with the cut or injury.

Anyone defending what happened in the Ortiz fight is either not a boxing fan or is just incredibly blinkered when it comes to Wilder.

It was ridiculous.

Comment

The new NYSAC medical protocol wasn't created to give fighters recovery time (wtf?) but to make sure they still have all their faculties. They usually have doctors check fighters after they have taken sustained punishment, not after every knockdown. Wilder was almost out on his feet and took hard shots for what, 30-40 (?) seconds (I don't remember). Joshua got dropped from one or two hooks then nothing happened until the end of the round when he got dropped again. There was no sustained beating. Going down can be a blessing sometimes. I don't like this new safety rule especially because they check fighters after the minute break and it leads to situations like Wilder-Ortiz. It's a new protocol, they are inconsistent and are still trying to figure out the best way to make it effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
          Someone is going to have to show me this rule that says the ref should stop a round after 3 seconds and then send a fighter off to the doctor for a bit of a general health check and recovery session.

Cuts and injuries, yes I'm fine with that. They're not recovering and you want to make sure they can actually continue with the cut or injury.

Anyone defending what happened in the Ortiz fight is either not a boxing fan or is just incredibly blinkered when it comes to Wilder.

It was ridiculous.
          It really was. I'm not even saying I wanted Joshua to receive help like that I'm saying that rule should be taken out cuz it's not being used properly. I feel it is a rule that can be ignored or abused and it got abused in the wilder ortiz fight while it didn't get used at all in the joshua fight.

Take the rule out or stop abusing it.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
            Wilder beat Ortiz in New York. In that fight they felt the need to give Wilder a time out when he looked in trouble. Everybody called it a bit of a con job and it was questionable tactics but it was made quite clear it is a New York State rule and there was nothing wrong with what they did.

So where was that assistance for Joshua? His fight was in New York too. I saw all the PBC trolls on here saying Joshua thought he was back in the UK where the ref would assist him in recovery time. But it was in NY where its in the rules to give you recovery time. WE SAW IT HAPPEN WITH WILDER. So why not Joshua?

Infact what is the point of that rule if it is not to check if somebody has been concussed or similar? Does it only apply to PBC fighters? Funny rule.
            Correction my dude. He ain't just lose he got his ass whooped.

Comment

Working...
            X