Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the winner of AJ-Wilder call themselves the best? Or do they need to beat Fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the winner of AJ-Wilder call themselves the best? Or do they need to beat Fury?

Simple question.

AJ + Wilder = #1?

or

(AJ + Wilder) + Fury = #1?

Personally I believe Fury is at least #2, he already beat Wilder in my eyes. If AJ iced Wilder, I think Fury-AJ would be a mouthwatering prospect to decide #1 and #2. If Wilder iced AJ, that would make Fury #1.

The interesting thing about Fury is, he thrives on being the underdog, but when the spot light is on him mentally, he seems to crack.

Beat Wlad, n then took some years off, drew with Wilder (Or at the very least I also agree he beat him on the cards) signs an ESPN deal. Maybe he's trying to get into position for WBC with it, but I think he should have taken an immediate rematch with Wilder.

If Joshua / Wilder happens first, Fury will be up for fighting the winner n then will probably retire or take some time out the sport again.

Comment

Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
      The interesting thing about Fury is, he thrives on being the underdog, but when the spot light is on him mentally, he seems to crack.

Beat Wlad, n then took some years off, drew with Wilder (Or at the very least I also agree he beat him on the cards) signs an ESPN deal. Maybe he's trying to get into position for WBC with it, but I think he should have taken an immediate rematch with Wilder.

If Joshua / Wilder happens first, Fury will be up for fighting the winner n then will probably retire or take some time out the sport again.
      I get what you're saying, but at the same time you can't really begrudge the man signing a life-changing deal, considering the rocky road he has travelled. He's got a wife and a bunch of kids to think about. I actually think this the most mentally focused Tyson has ever been.

Comment

I think its a triangle if we want to ignore the world titles. If AJ beats Wilder or visa versa everybody will have eyes on Fury and the same thing with any combination of the 3. But if you do want to acknowledge the belts and AJ beats Wilder or visa versa then one of them is now the undisputed and its not easy to say anything other than they are now the best and its up to Fury to try prove them wrong.

Comment

I think there are several better HW's than Wilder currently. He is clinging onto his one belt by avoiding AJ and getting help from judges.
          Joyce and Miller would have every chance to beat him, maybe Dubois and Ajagba also, in a few more fights.
          Joshua is currently # 1. Fury 2.

Comment

Yes they can, Fury is irrelevant, he's a cherry picking bum, no belt and steroid cheat.

Comment

winner of the round robbin of all 3 is the top dog

Comment

They have to beat Tom Schwarz to be the best.

Comment

Working...
                X