No announcement yet.

Wbc top 15 heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wbc top 15 heavyweight

How would a NCAA bracket like tournament play out?

A few changes in rankings would be ideal, but the first round matchups based off WBC top 15 and Wilder being #1 seed would be ..

#1 Wilder - #16 Dubois
    #2 Whyte - #15 Hunter
    #3 Fury - #14 Chisora
    #4 Ortiz - #13 Kabayel
    #5 Povetkin- #12 Hrgovic
    #6 Usyk - #11 Joyce
    #7 Kownacki - #10 Rivas
    #8 Parker - #9 Pulev

Based off those matchups, what’s the most likely upset? Who makes it to the final or has the easiest path?

Originally posted by edpboxing View Post

A few changes in rankings would be ideal, but the first round matchups based off WBC top 15 and Wilder being #1 seed would be ..

#1 Wilder - #16 Dubois
    #2 Whyte - #15 Hunter
    #3 Fury - #14 Chisora
    #4 Ortiz - #13 Kabayel
    #5 Povetkin- #12 Hrgovic
    #6 Usyk - #11 Joyce
    #7 Kownacki - #10 Rivas
    #8 Parker - #9 Pulev

Based off those matchups, what’s the most likely upset? Who makes it to the final or has the easiest path?
    Make it 16 and i'll run the tournament through tbcb and post the results if you like.

Comment

#1 Wilder - #16 Dubois
      #2 Whyte - #15 Hunter
      #3 Fury - #14 Chisora
      #4 Ortiz - #13 Kabayel
      #5 Povetkin- #12 Hrgovic
      #6 Usyk - #11 Joyce
      #7 Kownacki - #10 Rivas
      #8 Parker - #9 Pulev

This is what the bracket would actually look like:

1 Deontay Wilder
      16 Daniel Debois
      8 Joseph Parker
      9 Kubrat Pulev
      5 Alexander Povetkin
      12 Flip Hrgovic
      4 Luis Ortiz
      13 Agit Kabayel

6 Olxyander Usyk
      11 Joe Joyce
      3 Tyson Fury
      14 Derek Chisora
      7 Adam Kownacki
      10 Oscar Rivas
      2 Dillian Whyte
      15 Michael Hunter

For me, Deontay Wilder has a fairly easy pathway to the finals assuming he can get past Dubois. His side of the tourney is full of untested guys and veterans who are either due to slip if they haven't slipped already. Joseph Parker isn't quite like either group but I don't think he the X factor necessary to get through very far.

That other side of the bracket looks much tougher. Hunter and Usyk look pretty good at heavyweight so far. Kownacki is a favorite of mines. He can wear his opponents down but I think he gets hit too much to go very far. Rivas is solid while Joyce and Chisora have punchers chances. Tyson Fury arguably beat Deontay Wilder already and Dillian Whyte should have earned a shot a long time ago.

Most likely upsets would be Luis Ortiz or Alexander Povetkin due to their age. They might turn into a pumpkin before the tournament is over.

I got Wilder, Parker, Povetkin, Ortiz, Usyk, Fury, Rivas and Whyte in the first round. Wilder, Povetkin, Fury and Whyte in Quarterfinals. Wilder and Fury in the semifinals and Fury winning the whole thing.
      Last edited by yankees7448; 10-29-2019, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Real good matches ,Its not really practical though. I'd like to see the Joyce vs Usyk rematch at some point and Hrgovic vs Usyk on Dazn.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
          Real good matches ,Its not really practical though. I'd like to see the Joyce vs Usyk rematch at some point and Hrgovic vs Usyk on Dazn.
          Oh I agree, no chance it happens. I’m just chilling in lala land at the moment lol

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
            Make it 16 and i'll run the tournament through tbcb and post the results if you like.
            What do you mean? I’m a rook around here

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
              This is what the bracket would actually look like:

1 Deontay Wilder
              16 Daniel Debois
              8 Joseph Parker
              9 Kubrat Pulev
              5 Alexander Povetkin
              12 Flip Hrgovic
              4 Luis Ortiz
              13 Agit Kabayel

6 Olxyander Usyk
              11 Joe Joyce
              3 Tyson Fury
              14 Derek Chisora
              7 Adam Kownacki
              10 Oscar Rivas
              2 Dillian Whyte
              15 Michael Hunter

For me, Deontay Wilder has a fairly easy pathway to the finals assuming he can get past Dubois. His side of the tourney is full of untested guys and veterans who are either due to slip if they haven't slipped already. Joseph Parker isn't quite like either group but I don't think he the X factor necessary to get through very far.

That other side of the bracket looks much tougher. Hunter and Usyk look pretty good at heavyweight so far. Kownacki is a favorite of mines. He can wear his opponents down but I think he gets hit too much to go very far. Rivas is solid while Joyce and Chisora have punchers chances. Tyson Fury arguably beat Deontay Wilder already and Dillian Whyte should have earned a shot a long time ago.

Most likely upsets would be Luis Ortiz or Alexander Povetkin due to their age. They might turn into a pumpkin before the tournament is over.

I got Wilder, Parker, Povetkin, Ortiz, Usyk, Fury, Rivas and Whyte in the first round. Wilder, Povetkin, Fury and Whyte in Quarterfinals. Wilder and Fury in the semifinals and Fury winning the whole thing.
              Yeah, I was too lazy to lineup the bracket up correctly. Lol
              Thank you for that and I appreciate your feedback. I agree with most of it, but I’d pick Wilder to prevail over Fury in the final/rematch.

I feel like Fury already has one foot out the door at the moment.
              Last edited by edpboxing; 10-29-2019, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                What is TBCB and he already has 16? I have the rough bracket set up in my response if that's what you meant.

Comment

Oh I agree, no chance it happens. I’m just chilling in lala land at the moment lol
                  I think its anyones tournament you have certain guys who are bigger threats then to some others. I made a thread of several guys who could defeat Wilder and theres some here, I think DDD will surpass Wilder in terms of trying to get a win off of him but wilder causes a win ,DDD is to green at the moment . I still believe AJ defeats them all we'll see I guess .

Of course Ortiz is looking better then I thought in recent videos but he will lose by K.O before mid rounds I believe due to inactivity.

Hrgovic is my top pick here.

Comment

everyone is forgetting one thing

all of these guys are fighters except one guy...tyson fury got retired by otto wallin and is now interested in choreographed dancing with oiled up men in tights.....please remove him from this tournament

Comment

Working...
                    X