Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the fighter who dictates weight ever lose?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All three of the fights above mine the guy who choose the weight limit lost. Oscar picked the weight for his fights with Mayweather, Pac and Hopkins and lost all three fights as the other posters said. Poor Oscar.

Comment

Ask Oscar how it worked out for him

Comment

Manny got sparked by JMM at 147

Comment

Porter vs Broner

Comment

Originally posted by workinmane87 View Post
            Mayweather de la hoya
            That was clearly a pass the torch scenario. If de la Hoya wasn’t near the end, he probably gets that decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Viral Larry View Post
              Ask Oscar how it worked out for him
              Explain...

Comment

Originally posted by Murcielago View Post
                Oscar lost to Manny.
                That was a weird one doe. Oscar came down to Manny at a weight he hadnt been in a decade or something iirc. I think Oscar wanted to look like he was giving Manny some favor more than he was trying to dictate weight like most guys are trying to do it.

But yea thats definitely when its gone wrong, but it feels like it went wrong cuz Oscar was doing backwards weight bully sh^t lol. Not that I think that Oscar wins if hed had made Manny fight him at a higher weight that night cuz Oscar seemed off & Manny seemed on & it likely just wasnt meant to be for Oscar that night weight be damned.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                  I’m sure it happens but I cannot think of any high profile fights where the fighter who dictated weight to the other fighter didn’t win.
                  Broner was the A side against Shawn Porter and set the catchweight at 144(?) I think, still lost a clear decision even with a knockdown of Porter.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                    Explain...
                    He chose the weights for

Manny

Hopkins

Mayweather

even chose 150 for Forbes and got his orbital bone cracked

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                      I’m sure it happens but I cannot think of any high profile fights where the fighter who dictated weight to the other fighter didn’t win.

yea, when Pac had that run of 8/9 consecutive manny-weight fights he looked great

Comment

Working...
                      X