Roy Jones vs Greatest from 160 to 175

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of guys beat RJJ with OSDG. It's just reality

Comment

I honestly think Calzaghe would beat a prime Roy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
        Who beats him and why.

Just a conversation I had with a buddy of mine tonight. He thinks Sugar Ray Leonard could have beat Roy. I couldnt convince him how unfair a match up that would be for SRL. Im curious to hear from the actual people who know anything about boxing who you think could beat him between these weight classes.

Ill be honest I dont really think anyone has a legitimate chance of beating him out side of Bob Foster at 175 and that's if he lands a hail mary.
        Theoretically, of course there's many candidates. But personally, I wouldn't favour anybody over him at MW and SMW, and at LHW you've got to be looking at guys like Conn, Foster, Spinks, Charles and Moore.

Regarding SRL, although you could rate him higher, I don't see how he'd have beaten Roy H2H. Roy was too big for him.

Comment

Originally posted by tritium_arma View Post
          Nah.

First off, Joe would never even have fought Roy.

As great as Joe was, his biggest flaw was that he was too easy to hit. He was a sucker for the right hand. He also had confidence issues.

Roy was faster, more powerful, more accurate, and he had better timing, better technique and a better defense.

Joe's only advantages over Roy were his chin and his stamina.

A guy who struggled with Robin Reid and who got dropped by Byron Mitchell and Kabary Salem, ain't beating the versions of Roy who beat Toney and iced Griffin and Hill.

No chance.

Comment

Tarver literally beat him at 175

Comment

Michael Nunn would have beat him and that’s why they never fought.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
                Who beats him and why.

Just a conversation I had with a buddy of mine tonight. He thinks Sugar Ray Leonard could have beat Roy. I couldnt convince him how unfair a match up that would be for SRL. Im curious to hear from the actual people who know anything about boxing who you think could beat him between these weight classes.

Ill be honest I dont really think anyone has a legitimate chance of beating him out side of Bob Foster at 175 and that's if he lands a hail mary.
                Nobody IMO...

Michael Spinks would have the best shot IMO but he still falls short.

Roy’s unique blend of speed, power and accuracy was ostensibly impossible to deal with, in his prime.

I agree with you on SRL as well, a excellent fighter but he’d be far too disadvantaged in terms of size against Roy. Ray always looked undersized above 154 IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
                  Michael Nunn would have beat him and that’s why they never fought.
                  Nunn was life was spiralling out of control by the time Roy got to 168. Roy would have beaten him convincingly at that point, you can’t act like he ducked Nunn.

Prime vs Prime it’s a great fight I’d take Roy by decision but it’s a competitive fight for sure. Nunn could’ve been a phenomenal fighter had he not ruined himself with drugs, he never got over the demons of that Toney defeat IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by tritium_arma View Post
                    😂😂 Even a completely shot Roy timed Joe and dropped him.

C’mon man, have you ever watched a prime Roy?

I was a Calzaghe fan and followed his whole career went to his biggest fights over here against Lacey, Kessler etc.

But a prime RJJ toys with him...

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                      ���� Even a completely shot Roy timed Joe and dropped him.

C’mon man, have you ever watched a prime Roy?

I was a Calzaghe fan and followed his whole career went to his biggest fights over here against Lacey, Kessler etc.

But a prime RJJ toys with him...
                      Dropped by a forearm. Joe was past prime too. It was his very last fight and he dominated every round after that. And for all the tines he’s been knocked down, he’s never been KTFO’d like Roy.
                      Last edited by tritium_arma; 10-27-2019, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X