Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there been a female boxing match as exciting as this female MMA match?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartialMind View Post
    You're looking at it from a boxing perspective which is understandable but the context of MMA is not to be an expert in just one facet of fighting but well rounded enough on multiple.

The punching in MMA just has to be good enough to set-up a kick or a takedown or an elbow or other variations of attack and vice versa you also have to defend against those multiple forms of attack instead of just a well placed punch your way.

Either way you won't see the best of MMA among female fighters but the level of fight from my perspective among female MMA fighters seems more engaging than what I've seen from female boxers. I do wonder if the talent pool in WMMA is higher at the moment than in female boxing?
    I have a new name idea....Boxing-n-Stuff

Once the opponent is hurt by punches, that other stuff happens. Obviously kicks to the head happens. From what I've seen, it's mostly punching until the other person is pretty much out on their feet.

Comment

If I was coming up with a top ten list of the best female combat sports fights I've seen I'm not sure I'd have one boxing match on there.

Womens boxing gots a ton of issues going against them with making good fights. First off its women & in general women don't enjoy getting hit in the head so there aren't a lot of athletes to begin with. Then you got the problem of too many divisions for this lesser number of athletes making even less likely the great female fighters will be in the same division at the same time to fight. And lastly you got the issue of few female fighters got great KO power so the threat of a KO or late fight surprise upset isn't high. All that combined make even matchmaking a potential FOTY female fight a rarity let alone you get a FOTY.

Comment

You're looking at it from a boxing perspective which is understandable but the context of MMA is not to be an expert in just one facet of fighting but well rounded enough on multiple.

The punching in MMA just has to be good enough to set-up a kick or a takedown or an elbow or other variations of attack and vice versa you also have to defend against those multiple forms of attack instead of just a well placed punch your way.
        The other angle to this is if you come into the cage doing everything perfect for boxing you just made it super simple for me to take you to the ground. High level boxing skills aren't conducive to success in MMA.

Its also worth noting defense isn't much of a thing. You can't block punches very well with those lil ass gloves. So every boxers defensive ability & natural defensive habits are a liability in the cage cuz you're often blinding yourself from your opponent who can use that against you.

But basically the main point is these are two different sports & its not surprising there isn't many Bo Jackson's out there who can maintain themselves at a high level in both sports due to that fact.

Comment

Just bleeeeddddddddd brooooooooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            The other angle to this is if you come into the cage doing everything perfect for boxing you just made it super simple for me to take you to the ground. High level boxing skills aren't conducive to success in MMA.

Its also worth noting defense isn't much of a thing. You can't block punches very well with those lil ass gloves. So every boxers defensive ability & natural defensive habits are a liability in the cage cuz you're often blinding yourself from your opponent who can use that against you.

But basically the main point is these are two different sports & its not surprising there isn't many Bo Jackson's out there who can maintain themselves at a high level in both sports due to that fact.
            On the men's side so far yes but Holly Holm was actually a pretty decorated boxer on the women's side before finding success as well in MMA.

I think as MMA grows and pay grows you may see some decorated men's boxers try to come over.

Big Baby Miller while not an MMA fighter does kick-boxing in addition to regular boxing.

Comment

On the men's side so far yes but Holly Holm was actually a pretty decorated boxer on the women's side before finding success as well in MMA.

I think as MMA grows and pay grows you may see some decorated men's boxers try to come over.

Big Baby Miller while not an MMA fighter does kick-boxing in addition to regular boxing.
              What people continually ignore is kickboxing is a better transitional sport to boxing or MMA than boxing is to MMA or kickboxing.

Lotsa kickboxers have gone into either sport with decent success. Tyrone Sprong might be close to a mando fight in the next year or two if he keeps it moving & he was a high level kickboxer before going into boxing.

And Holly Holm was a kickboxer before a boxer & trained MMA for years on top of that. She was better suited for MMA for those reasons not cuz of her high level boxing which she typically doesn't use very effectively in the cage (she got owned by a higher level kickboxer not long ago with kicking & punching) outside to setup the big sh^t with her legs. Remember she separated Ronda from her soul with a kick not a punch.

Comment

Working...
              X