Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Billy Joe Saunders: Monroe No Warrior, He Quit With Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    I feel you! I just think fighting JCC Jr. is an even "dumber" move, and I think fighting DeGale in the UK would be better financially than fighting JCC Jr. anywhere on the planet!
    Does DeGale even fight in the UK these days to command big money there? Seems to me like DeGale is more risk for less money wherever that fight takes place at, maybe in particular in the UK that fight is more risky cuz I always see is cats talking about crooked judges in the UK (although I disagree I think virtually every country has some bias, although its not THAT extreme or crooked).

Comment

Would a win over Monroe Jr. bring you clarity? NOT ME! A win over Jacobs, Cotto, or Lara would do the trick! Even a win over Charlo would help, but Willie Monroe is not going to get it done. No offense Willie...go get 'em!

baby steps

after a period of inactivity, followed by an average showing last time out..... the Monroe fight may show us where he is at physically/mentally

I suspect that he may still be a little off the pace, not sure.....

but you're right, we won't know if he is top-level until he fights those guys..... he needs to sharpen up with Monroe then look to fight the Canelo/Golovkin winner

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Does DeGale even fight in the UK these days to command big money there? Seems to me like DeGale is more risk for less money wherever that fight takes place at, maybe in particular in the UK that fight is more risky cuz I always see is cats talking about crooked judges in the UK (although I disagree I think virtually every country has some bias, although its not THAT extreme or crooked).
        It would be ironic if DeGale is held in lower regard than Brook, since DeGale did so much more as a champion than Brook did! 27,000 people showed up for Brook vs. Spence Jr.. I would expect similar or more for DeGale, especially vs. Jacobs. I could be wrong. I just read a post from a Brit that puts DeGale in the same box as BJS! Go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          baby steps

after a period of inactivity, followed by an average showing last time out..... the Monroe fight may show us where he is at physically/mentally

I suspect that he may still be a little off the pace, not sure.....

but you're right, we won't know if he is top-level until he fights those guys..... he needs to sharpen up with Monroe then look to fight the Canelo/Golovkin winner
          I understand "baby steps," I just don't like it, because he's done nothing for so long! I understand "baby steps" for Tank Davis because he's a 22-year old champion, with 18 fights. BJS is 27-year old champion, with 24 fights, and has been the WBO Champion since December 2015!

Comment

It would be ironic if DeGale is held in lower regard than Brook, since DeGale did so much more as a champion than Brook did! 27,000 people showed up for Brook vs. Spence Jr.. I would expect similar or more for DeGale, especially vs. Jacobs. I could be wrong. I just read a post from a Brit that puts DeGale in the same box as BJS! Go figure!
            How many seats does BJS sell?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              How many seats does BJS sell?
              I can't find any numbers for his fight vs. Artur Akavov or Andy Lee.

Comment

I understand "baby steps," I just don't like it, because he's done nothing for so long! I understand "baby steps" for Tank Davis because he's a 22-year old champion, with 18 fights. BJS is 27-year old champion, with 24 fights, and has been the WBO Champion since December 2015!

yea, he did what he promised not to do..... stagnate

but you gotta admit..... from here, he would be nuts if he did anything other than fight the Canelo/Golovkin winner next

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  Golovkin ducked. (I don't want to hear no **** about bigger pay days, Golovkin fans claimed Martinez ducked to fight Cotto and Cotto ducked to fight Canelo)

Lemieux ducked.

Eubank Jr ducked.

Jacobs ducked.

Saunders is the most feared man in boxing.
                  Couldn't tell if you were joking mate, but golovkin didn't duck Saunders lmao...do you forget the days (only like a year ago) when golovkin's team offered Saunders his biggest career purse only for him to say no?

And then what? Saunders is finally ready and Golovkin must jump up and bow to bjs' demands? I don't think so, if he beats canelo I'd rather triple g step up and fight ward, rather than waste his own time and all us fans time chasing a guy who doesn't really want the fight.

Comment

Working...
                  X