Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was The Tape around David Hayes leg illegal or legal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was The Tape around David Hayes leg illegal or legal?

Between round 10 and 11 Bellews coach tells the ref about the tape on Hayes leg & points at it. Hayes coach Then has to remove it.
    According to the SKY broadcast Hearn was also vocal about the tape when they put put on.

Paulie was the only one saying that there was nothing wrong with Hayes team putting on the tape.

I don't know if there are rules against it, but I thought it was a bit to much of Hearn & Bellews coach to get mad about the tape.
    Haye was already on one leg.

Originally posted by Pandur View Post
    Between round 10 and 11 Bellews coach tells the ref about the tape on Hayes leg & points at it. Hayes coach Then has to remove it.
    According to the SKY broadcast Hearn was also vocal about the tape when they put put on.

Paulie was the only one saying that there was nothing wrong with Hayes team putting on the tape.

I don't know if there are rules against it, but I thought it was a bit to much of Hearn & Bellews coach to get mad about the tape.
    Haye was already on one leg.
    The thing about Paulie is he also said that Haye got him on the bill because they are good friends. I think the ref might be more knowledgeable and less biased than one of Hayes mates. Never seen tape wrapped around a leg like that but I remember seeing fighters with leg braces back in the day. Think Michael Spinks was one.

Comment

I think it is illegal if added during a fight.

As for Hearn / Coldwell complaining - they had every-right to do that.

If you notice (i think the start of round 7) Bellew offered to touch gloves, Haye threw a huge haymaker, missed by a mile and ended up on his arse.

So all if fair in a fight.

Comment

Working...
      X