Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Eddie Futch been given enough credit.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Eddie Futch been given enough credit.

The fighters he coached seemed to give Ali hell. He also had other successful champs.

eddie futch was an observant man and he knew his boxing. The "Greatest" had many many *****s in his armor. Futch taught two guys with vastly different styles to exploit just two of those holes.

Comment

Most boxing people rate Futch among the greatest trainers ever, so I don't think he's been snubbed.

Comment

Originally posted by greynotsoold View Post
        eddie futch was an observant man and he knew his boxing. The "Greatest" had many many *****s in his armor. Futch taught two guys with vastly different styles to exploit just two of those holes.
        Actually Futch wasn't Frazier's trainer when he beat Ali. Yank Durham was.

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
          The fighters he coached seemed to give Ali hell. He also had other successful champs.
          Very overrated based on the Ali fights with Norton. Ray Arcel outclasses Futch any day of the week and it's not difficult to see.

Comment

I think outclasses is a strong word. Both were fantastic. I believe they even worked together with holmes.

Comment

Speaking of trainers, who would be the best today or still working today and who do they train that we see on TV now?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                Speaking of trainers, who would be the best today or still working today and who do they train that we see on TV now?
                I think mr Roach would be right up there and he is a student of Eddie Futch

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  Most boxing people rate Futch among the greatest trainers ever, so I don't think he's been snubbed.
                  Exactly what i was going to write,, he is considered one of the top 5 trainers of all time,, I think he gets plenty of credit

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
                    I think mr Roach would be right up there and he is a student of Eddie Futch
                    The irony is that roach is a better trainer than futch ever was. roach has almost certainly passed futch on the all time scale.

Comment

Working...
                    X