No announcement yet.

According to Macklin, he almost got Sturm rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    I actually remember scoring it for Sturm (against Murray).

But I think Murray beat Martinez quite clearly though so he's the most qualified opponent out of those guys at this moment in time.
    Strum isn't martinez. He'll outwork him in the first then box him while keeping more active.

Comment

Well... nothing left to do is sit back and see if it really is Murray

Comment

I wonder who has dodged GGG harder? Sturm, Geale or Murray?

Comment

Originally posted by artfuL_ View Post
          I wonder who has dodged GGG harder? Sturm, Geale or Murray?
          Surely if Murray-Sturm is confirmed, it can finally kill this ducking GGG nonsense.

Don't know about Geale, I'm not familiar with Australian PPV scheduling.

Comment

Surely if Murray-Sturm is confirmed, it can finally kill this ducking GGG nonsense.

Really? He tried last year and thn offered monaco. He learned he was injured the same time the regular belt was no longer up for grabs

Comment

Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
              Really? He tried last year and thn offered monaco. He learned he was injured the same time the regular belt was no longer up for grabs
              He got the Sturm fight. It pays more. It's for a world title. No brainer.

Comment

Good for him. Can't wait for him to lose and beg for a fight while you defend it

Comment

Does not change the fact that all fighters have avoided GGG for a number of reasons. GGG was mandatory to Sturm in the same way that Geale and Murray were for him.

Never seen the last time mandatory challengers quit their chance at a shot at the champ like that lot.

...and used every dirty trick in the book to get there.

Comment

Now that you bring it up.
                    WBA will probably strip Murray and have Chudinov fight Mayorga for it in the Spring

Comment

Sturm-Murray is a good fight as would a Sturm-Macklin fight have been but the fact that Murray's stock is a little higher than Macklin's at the moment and that the first Sturm-Murray fight ended in a draw makes it better that Sturm choose the Murray rematch over the Macklin rematch. I personally thought Sturm won both original fights against Murray and Macklin.

Comment

Working...
                      X