No announcement yet.

Cotto's path in 2012 - Chavez road to war

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto's path in 2012 - Chavez road to war

I posted the below thread a while back and I got some chuckles and others comments about this thought in mind. Maybe I was off on the time period in which we would see it happening but I think it is going to happen very soon. Click on the below link too see what kind of response I received.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=337200

Below is the link where Arum bashes Martinez and says Chavez will fight Martinez when he is ready. Ok Bob? So you are saying that your prized possession Chavez Jr would get beat by a fighter who you said is not all that good? I don't understand that comment.

http://www.fightsaga.com/news/item/1...ez-Jr-vs-Cotto

So if and when Cotto meets Chavez Jr in the ring will it be at 154lbs or 160lbs? Will it be a catch weight? Who's title will be up for grabs? We know this will be a career defining fight for Chavez if and when it happens but what does it do for Cotto's legacy? All questions I want to see answered. I think Cotto still has enough left in the tank to do some things this year in boxing. What do you think?

Id hate to see it above 154 lbs. Cotto really has no business whatseover above that.

Comment

i dont wanna see chavez/cotto,, its a mismatch favorin chavez

Comment

Originally posted by 915angel View Post
        i dont wanna see chavez/cotto,, its a mismatch favorin chavez
        Its a mismatch in size favorin chavez, but a mismatch in skill favoring cotto. Imo, cotto certainly has the power to compete with chavez aswell.

Everytime i see chavez he is better, his skills more refined, etc. His body attack is pretty brutal aswell. At this point, its hard for me to say who would win, it would be a good fight.

All in all, with all that would be at stake for cotto, and little to gain, there are better fights out there for cotto atm.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
          Its a mismatch in size favorin chavez, but a mismatch in skill favoring cotto. Imo, cotto certainly has the power to compete with chavez aswell.

Everytime i see chavez he is better, his skills more refined, etc. His body attack is pretty brutal aswell. At this point, its hard for me to say who would win, it would be a good fight.

All in all, with all that would be at stake for cotto, and little to gain, there are better fights out there for cotto atm.
          I agree too some extent at 160lbs Chavez has the advantage with size. Cotto however has every other advantage - skills being the biggest advantage but also Cotto has been in these types of big fights before. he knows what it takes to compete at this level. Chavez last fight was against Peter Manfredo where as Cotto fought Margarito. Cotto looked just as good against Tony if not better then Chavez looked against Peter Manfredo.

Comment

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
            I agree too some extent at 160lbs Chavez has the advantage with size. Cotto however has every other advantage - skills being the biggest advantage but also Cotto has been in these types of big fights before. he knows what it takes to compete at this level. Chavez last fight was against Peter Manfredo where as Cotto fought Margarito. Cotto looked just as good against Tony if not better then Chavez looked against Peter Manfredo.
            Lol, im just trying to be fair, im a huge cotto fan, and ofcourse i think he would win. Chavez will have the size advantage, but considering cotto is way more skilled, i dont think it will translate to much.

Regardless of who cotto fights, he needs to get back to going to the body. He could make it so much easier for himself.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
              Lol, im just trying to be fair, im a huge cotto fan, and ofcourse i think he would win. Chavez will have the size advantage, but considering cotto is way more skilled, i dont think it will translate to much.

Regardless of who cotto fights, he needs to get back to going to the body. He could make it so much easier for himself.
              Chavez is easily hit...This is why I see it being an easy fight for Cotto but, the X factor is how good is Chavez's chin? because if he can hit Chavez all night but Chavez being the bigger man comes forward and pushes the action against Cotto then well there could be a different outcome.

You said you wanted to see Cotto go to the body right? Well As he went up in weight 140-147-154 his body work became less and less. I see this as a direct account to him fighting bigger men and catching a world of uppercuts to his chin. He tends to lean forward too much when he digs to the body and he still backs straight up much the same way he did in the first Margarito fight. This is why I still see him as being in danger fighting these types of styles.......LEFTY

Comment

It makes no sense for Cotto. What if he wins? Guys like Pirog, Sturm, Pavlik, Abraham and Geale will call him out. He will get more criticized for not accepting to fight them. Calling him a ducker and that he should defend that title against bigger guys with skills (not like Pac vs no skills Tony, just in case someone brings this up). He is small for 154, for 160 he is a midget.

He should unify 154 so he can win titles from a champion (some of his critics are harsh with him because of this) and become undisputed for the first time. Not that the current champions are great but his career will look a lot better. After he unify, try to beat Chavez or Martinez. Win or loose he can retire and haters cant say he duck challenges at the end of his career.

Comment

puertorican idiot

if he fights chavez dats disgusting....chavez iz a heavy middleweight and when he hit cotto cotto will feel it...he's 2 big 4 cotto at 160...that victory a have casual fans thinkin chavez is nice.....chavez should fight sergio martinez n stop duckin him.....bob arum iz tryin 2 make his old puppet suffer defeat 4 his new puppet.....

Comment

I like Cotto so I hope he is never delusional enough to think he belongs in the same ring as JCC JR.

Comment

Working...
                    X