No announcement yet.

running at nights ????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running at nights ????

Hello guyz, i have some vacation right now.. and i was thinking bout running at nights..

i go to the boxing gym from 6:30 to 8:00 pm

so when am coming home I'll eat for dinner and take a protein shake and rest for 2 hours & after that
    i was thinking bout to go for a 40-50 min running @ 10:00 pm

anybody else here doing it the same way ?
    and how do u feel with it?

sry for my bad english guyz...

i just read that mayweather is alawys doing his roadwork at 8:00 p.m
    so i can still rest the whole morning on next days...

Personally, I prefer running at night.

There has been times in which I have been at boxing from 7.30pm until 9pm, come straight home, drop my bag, drink some water and then go out on the roads and do a 3 mile run. Not only does it feel good when you have finished, but you also get a great sleep haha.

I've went out and done roadwork at 7am on a few occasions but I definitely prefer running at night.

Comment

Originally posted by discodave View Post

There has been times in which I have been at boxing from 7.30pm until 9pm, come straight home, drop my bag, drink some water and then go out on the roads and do a 3 mile run. Not only does it feel good when you have finished, but you also get a great sleep haha.

I've went out and done roadwork at 7am on a few occasions but I definitely prefer running at night.

sounds great , 'll try it out 2day...

Comment

I run at 2/3am daily. It's great. I can run in the middle of the road, it's quiet, no traffic, cool air, peaceful man. Then when it hits 4am the birds start to sing and i get to see the sun start to rise, no better feeling of being alive man.
        If iv got an early start the next day though i run about 10/11pm, but never in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by discodave View Post

i started running last week again....
          i had a knee injury so i needed to take a break for 4-5 weeks...(instead of running i did some swimming)
          it just feels so great to doing runnings again..
          i think I've overtrained a lil bit ...
          i was doing 4x boxing + 2 times @ the weekends 55min running + 4 sprints + 1x full body weight lifting
          i lost to much weight with those long runnings ..and my legs + knees hurt badly...
          i just wanted to try out something new
          I'll just run my 40 mins and do 4-6 fast sprints
          do u guyz run everyday,,
          do u don't feel overtrained ?
          i mean if u train for fights i could undertsand it but otherwise i don't know

Comment

Originally posted by jonesy View Post
            I run at 2/3am daily. It's great. I can run in the middle of the road, it's quiet, no traffic, cool air, peaceful man. Then when it hits 4am the birds start to sing and i get to see the sun start to rise, no better feeling of being alive man.
            If iv got an early start the next day though i run about 10/11pm, but never in the day.
            Wow 2-3 am? that's some crazy stuff man lol

Comment

Originally posted by Casual View Post
              Wow 2-3 am? that's some crazy stuff man lol
              yea i couldnt do it if i worked a 9-5 but i work online and can do my own hours so no need to follow everyone else's sleep pattern. I love it though, plus i can shadow box on my run without everybody looking!
              I live in the city and you get some idiots who jog down oxford street during rush hour lol
              Last edited by jonesy; 07-21-2010, 07:37 AM.

Comment

yea i couldnt do it if i worked a 9-5 but i work online and can do my own hours so no need to follow everyone else's sleep pattern. I love it though, plus i can shadow box on my run without everybody looking!
                I live in the city, you get some idiots who jog down oxford street during rush hour lol
                Wish I could run that time but I work 9-5.30 so not good, I hate running after work when everyone is about it puts me off lol

Comment

Originally posted by toni0704 View Post
                  Wish I could run that time but I work 9-5.30 so not good, I hate running after work when everyone is about it puts me off lol
                  I can only suggest running late before you sleep. Like 11-12 or something, should be pretty quiet then. Get bk, shower and go straight to bed plus after a late run and shower you should sleep like a baby lol not ideal if u got a wifey though, she wont like it!

Comment

I can only suggest running late before you sleep. Like 11-12 or something, should be pretty quiet then. Get bk, shower and go straight to bed plus after a late run and shower you should sleep like a baby lol not ideal if u got a wifey though, she wont like it!
                    Ha no i haven't got a wife, Im female lol so suppose thats another downside to running late, I'll need to get alot faster n stronger first incase there's any odd bods about. good idea to go before bed though, cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X