Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Parker's Promoter: We'd Fight Joshua at 60-40 Split in His Favor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Parkers camp are really signalling here is, we'll take less, that's all Hearn will hear anyway and by the time they all put pen to paper it'll be a lot lot less. Hearn won't even be talking in %, only two A Sides talk like that, Parker will be told it's a guarantee of X, plus some upside on PPV, or he can keep NZ tv or something like that.

I don't have a clue what the number will be, but lets just say $1m in New Zealand is a lot of money, $5m is an exceptionally high amount of money, it'll probably make him one of the richest people in his home town overnight. So when it comes down to it he'll take a deal.
    Last edited by sportbuddha; 11-09-2017, 09:32 PM.

Comment

it should be more like 80-20 split! parker is straight garbage just like the belt he holds!

Comment

60 40 ???
        good luck with that

Comment

Reasonable opening offer. He doesn't deserve that much but of course he's not gonna lowball himself. Probably Parker's only shot at a huge payday, may as well push for as much as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
            I have never seen this before on a boxing forum. This is unprecedented. Fans chiming in on what a boxer should and shouldn't make and what he actually deserves, lmao.
            I have seen this many times before!

Comment

Lol..........

Comment

Original offer was for 80/20 Joshua, Duco countered with 60/40 Joshua, so the final deal will be somewhere between the two.

70/30 splits the difference, so a deal is there to be had.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  Parker is not dropping that belt for peanuts anyone who thought that was being extra thick.

All Parker has to do is wait and be the last domino to fall in the belt chase and he will basically get what number he wants (not percentage but in actual dollar value). Why would he go first and take less? When he can do ok doing his own thing because no one cares about him at all.
                  Because Povetkin fights for the WBO mandatory challenger spot, and I doubt that Parker is good enough to beat Povetkin in Russia.

Which is the real deadline, regardless of the blustering.

Comment

he'll take 30 to 35%, that mandatory is coming like Omar Little!!

Comment

Well that's unrealistic...

Comment

Working...
                      X