• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah I wanna hear those punches land
    Maybe if I go deaf but other than that I don't see why

Next dudes will be claiming they watch fights with their eyes closed

Comment

I watch most big fights drunk and rewatch it sober and I don't see a difference

Comment

People in this household when watching boxing are loud.
        Every group has its own topic of conversation.
        Meaning they don't give a hoot what boxing commentators say.
        It always sounds idiotic to me when posters in this forum complain about how biased the commentators are. Of course they are. What do you expect?
        I listen to them but that doesn't mean I would take everything seriously. They're humans like you and me. They can't possibly see everything.
        Bottom line is you are biased too.

Comment

Well, there is this.

When I watch a fight live, I score it as I regularly do, using my usual sytem:

4 criteria, emphasis on clean punching,
          break the 3 minute round into 3 segments
          (so the guy that wins 2 usually wins the round).

But, after certain fights, I may go back and watch again while changing this style of scoring.

I may score it placing more emphasis on a different one of the 4 criteria, say effective aggression or defense. You'd be surprised how simply changing what your emphasis is can change your scorecard.

Sometimes, doing this can explain why a judge has a seemingly wacky scorecard.

For example, if the judge that had Horn winning 117-111 emphasized effective aggression and generalship over clean punching and saw what Horn was doing as that (I didn't) then that could explain his idiotic scoring better.

Comment

Working...
          X