Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Ward chin doe.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
      JMM-Pac I is the fight that most reminded me of this one when I was digging into my mental archive.
      Yeah yo this was totally JMM/Pac 1. Yes the comeback was LESS DECISIVE (JMM thoroughly dominated Pac in that), but there was also only 1 KD instead of like 3 or 4 (damn JMM is good to come back from that)

Comment

• Comment

• So many imbeciles on here! A JAB IS A SCORING SHOT!!!!!!. Ward out jabbed Kovalev all night and out body punched him too! Just because they didn't do much damage don't mean they didn't score.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            That Ward chin doe.
            What Chin? Piss of glass?

Comment

• Originally posted by PhilPhilly View Post
              Thank you. I agree was absolutely ridiculous, feel for Perez big time.
              + I really don't understand why people put so much emphasis on compubox.. fights should be scored and judged simply by watching the fight without bias.
              All compubox should be used for is stats and research purposes for traits, means **** all in the grand scheme of things in all honesty.

A compubox should not be used to influence decisions, If so you weren't watching the fight properly and was just sitting on the fence like a twat.
              Judges don't even have access to compubox. Their suppose to score it round by round. But there have been times where they filled it out the night before lol.

I agree watch the fight and listen closely as body shots are very hard to tell how good it landef. I also pay close attention to fighters facial expressions and love watching them in between rounds to see the effects of the previous round.

Comment

• Originally posted by swifty007 View Post
                People can score how they want at home... But scoring a knockdown DOES NOT mean you won the match.
                Kovalev won more rounds and knocked him down.

ROBBERY

Comment

• People are engaging in too much exaggeration and hyperbole.

The fight was extremely close and Kovalev didn't win a lot of the rounds that people scored for him convincingly.

For example, Kovalev did not win round three convincingly at all and I scored that round for Ward. I thought he landed the cleaner punches and made Kovalev's head snap back with a few punches that round. It was fairly even, no one was dominant but I gave him that round for the same reason I gave Kovalev round 1.

In Round 1, Ward was winning that round and boxing well. Kovalev landed a powerful jab though and people have been acting like he dominated. I gave him the round because of the power punch but by no means was it dominant. He just punches harder than Ward. Ward landed Jabs like that at will and was doing so in the first round but he just doesn't have the heavy hands of Kovalev

Do I feel Ward won? No! But that's simply because of the knockdown. I just don't feel comfortable giving him the decision in such a close when he was knocked down. The fight was razor thin close and after the fight I didn't walk away with the impression that either fighter was better than the other. They seemed to be pretty even to me. It took Ward sometime to adjust to the length and power but when he did he looked every bit as good a fighter as Kovalev.

For me though, I just am much more comfortable giving the W to Kovalev and if anyone should have won it was him, the early knockdown being the sole reason for that. It should have been a draw or Kovalev should have got the W. No way he loss that fight. Although I feel the fight was super close, I would say Andre Ward loss the fight because he was reckless and off balance early and allowed Kovalev to knock him down. He should have been much sharper than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                    Lol im not even a Kov fan, i watch him fight but i barley talk,post or care about him that much. Actually i dont care for neither fighter. Just cause someone disagrees there automatically a Kov fan? Also if that's what you think then cool, no problem with that. Hopefully a rematch does happen.
                    A rematch (or two) happens without a doubt. These guys don't have any other options that make them any significant amount of money.

That's great for the fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                      I love how your dumb ass says you can see Ward winning 6 rounds, but no way you could see him winning 7.

Really?
                      You're calling me a dumbass yet you just made no ****ing sense, my friend. Maybe try wording it better next time.
                      Ward maybe won 6 at most. That's being generous. No way he won 7 or more. How does that confuse you? It's pretty simple.
                      ****ing idiot.

Comment

Working...
                      X