No announcement yet.

Tomorrow I buy the iPad mini

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Tomorrow I buy the iPad mini

Yes you read that right! Unlike a poster by the name of iBreakbeat who is scared to death to try anything new in fear of realizing he might actually like it; I myself will be buying an iPad tomorrow.

It was a hard decision that I went back and forth on for two weeks. Since i've had numerous Android phones, I figured getting an Android tablet wouldn't give me much of a different experience to justify spending several hundred dollars.

I will use this ipad mini casually although i'm dreading a horrible web experience without flash or safari as a default browser (what a joke). But I will take advantage of the wide array of tablet apps that iOS has.

I'm dreading the lack of true multi-tasking, no widgets, and the fact that i've paid for over 50 apps on Android I won't be able to use.

But like the true Technology enthusiast that I am, I am always looking for a new technological experience without letting my fanboyism hinder my decisions.

I will follow up with my impressions on the ipad and the apple world.

its useless to get an ipad without a macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
      Wife has an ipad. Works fine.

I'm getting a Nexus 7 this week.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
        Please explain why? I really have no use for a tablet besides games/media/web browsing.

I have an asus ultrabook that I absolutely love for my laptop needs and don't plan on changing that for at least another year.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          Wife has an ipad. Works fine.

I'm getting a Nexus 7 this week.
          It came down to nexus 7 and ipad mini for me, but I have the galaxy Nexus which would give me the exact same experience, but in a bigger size so opted for the ipad mini.

You will LOVE the google experience on the nexus 7! The Android app ecosystem is still not on par with iOS, but that was the same for cell phones and that has now diminished as android and iOS are pretty equal in app ecosystem.

The nexus 7 does have better specs than ipad mini, including screen resolution and processor.

Comment

Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
            It came down to nexus 7 and ipad mini for me, but I have the galaxy Nexus which would give me the exact same experience, but in a bigger size so opted for the ipad mini.

You will LOVE the google experience on the nexus 7! The Android app ecosystem is still not on par with iOS, but that was the same for cell phones and that has now diminished as android and iOS are pretty equal in app ecosystem.

The nexus 7 does have better specs than ipad mini, including screen resolution and processor.
            I bought my wife the new Ipad with retina display. She just really wanted the Ipad. I'm more into customising my shit though so I want to go google.

Comment

Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
              Yes you read that right! Unlike a poster by the name of iBreakbeat who is scared to death to try anything new in fear of realizing he might actually like it; I myself will be buying an iPad tomorrow.

It was a hard decision that I went back and forth on for two weeks. Since i've had numerous Android phones, I figured getting an Android tablet wouldn't give me much of a different experience to justify spending several hundred dollars.

I will use this ipad mini casually although i'm dreading a horrible web experience without flash or safari as a default browser (what a joke). But I will take advantage of the wide array of tablet apps that iOS has.

I'm dreading the lack of true multi-tasking, no widgets, and the fact that i've paid for over 50 apps on Android I won't be able to use.

But like the true Technology enthusiast that I am, I am always looking for a new technological experience without letting my fanboyism hinder my decisions.

I will follow up with my impressions on the ipad and the apple world.
              Good man, its daft being a fan boy, especially when you are not on the payroll or sitting on a ton of stock options, it just makes you look short sighted and with a closed mind.
              Im sure there will be a ton of things you hate and love about it and you definitely don't need a Mac to enjoy an iPad

Comment

isnt the Kindle Fire HD better than the mini in almost every aspect and significantly cheaper?

Comment

For a tablet, the mini or nexus7are the to get but from a cnet review,the nexus had no rear facing camera and the store is not so good. play store may have less than app for phones but not that far behind now at all. the tablet market is however quite far behind but like maybe 2years ago is catching up fast.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Have an IPad currently but just ordered the Asus Infinity. Trying to branch away from Apple products and give Androids a shot. Will also be getting the Galaxy III

Comment

Working...
                    X