Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fights where biased commentary changed perceptions of fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teddy just tells it like it is where Wlad is concerned. Vitali's little sister is an embarrassment who should thank God everyday he fights in the worst era in the history of the division.

Poet

Comment

Riddick Bowe vs Tony Tubbs

I like Bowe but he didn't win that fight. The commentators weren't giving Tubbs credit for the flush shots that he was landing and they were only commenting on the shots that Bowe was landing. Also the commentators kept on babbling about Bowe's bright future in boxing instead of focusing on the fight and talk about how Bowe was getting outboxed.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
        I don't think Morales won but it was definitely a close fight.
        What was your scorecard?

I had it 115-113 for Maidana with a couple of the Morales rounds being close

Maidana
        10 10 10 10 9 9 9 9 10 9 10 10
        Morales
        9 9 9 9 10 10 10 10 9 10 9 9

It was a good fight but HBO had everybody watching thinking that Morales was robbed. I will say that Morales PROBABLY would have won had his eye not closed up in the second round (I think). He fought 10 rounds with 1 eye but it doesn't change the fact that he lost the fight and Maidana dished out a bit of a pasting.

Comment

If Steele had let Taylor finish the fight after the knockdown and the final bell rang 2 ticks later with Meldrick still standing, I don't see how anyone could possibly still have Taylor winning that fight, particularly with a 10-8 in the 12th round. That controversial stoppage gave the fight to the rightful winner, IMO. Taylor was brave and he fought with incredible heart but in the end that was his undoing.

Comment

I dont think this changed anyones perception of how the fight was going but boy oh boy was Colonel Bob Sheridan's commentry BIASED in Bruno vs Tyson 2! He Gushed at whatever Tyson did, and was so badly wanting him too win, at one point he even exclaimed at random - "Mike's a Great Guy!"

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
              I dont think this changed anyones perception of how the fight was going but boy oh boy was Colonel Bob Sheridan's commentry BIASED in Bruno vs Tyson 2! He Gushed at whatever Tyson did, and was so badly wanting him too win, at one point he even exclaimed at random - "Mike's a Great Guy!"

I actually laughed out loud at this.

The American commentary on Benn-McClellan were ridiculously biased also.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                Bob Sheridan always loved watching Tyson, you could really hear it in his commentating.

Comment

Working...
                X