Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Harding and Nigel Benn latest

Great to see Jeff Harding and Nigel Benn beating their personal demons

http://www.foxsports.com.au/other-sp...2#.UgdbluCnBe5

One of the greatest trilogies ever seen in boxing history, very often overlooked too. The Andries/Harding fights were brutal, blood curdling wars and if you haven't seen them, do yourself a favour and get the **** on to it.

It's the Gatti/Ward of the light heavies, and i think it was even better overall as a three fights series. Amazing ****.

Really great to hear that they are all doing well too. Just saw Michaels' guy fight in a recent local card in an incredible fight. One of the FOTY here for 2013middleweight from memory.

Comment

I remember getting Boxing News the day before their first fight. The front page headline was HARD TIMES FOR THE HARDINGS*.

* Jess Harding was challenging Gary Mason (RIP) for the British title a few days later.

Their three fights were great. The day after the last bout (which was another close classic & showed how fair British based judging was back then) I was at a Duke McKenzie bout in Battersea & Dennis Andries & the up & coming Billy Schwer were both in attendance.

The article was a bit wishy washy though. Benn's been carping on about this carpenter fella since the start of the Millennium.

Comment

Working...
      X