Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Mayweather defeat any of the current middleweight champions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At his age I voted that he could not beat any of them. They are all pretty good middleweights and 13 pounds natural size is alot to give away.It's possible he could beat one or two of these middleweights but I voted he would lose. I would pick him to beat any 147 pounder.

Comment

None. Not 1. He won't even fight Martinez at 154.

Comment

Fact is Mayweather has never came in the ring over 151 on record. The only reason people want him to fight middle weights is because he really is that good. This is common knowledge that we all can research. But to answer the question only chance any of those guys have against mayweather is size. Ask yourself honest if those guys were welterweights would the idea of those fights even cross your mind?

Comment

Mayweather is still small for a welter, he only gains a few pounds after the weigh in. When he fights at 154 he does it without putting on extra weight.

He could actually be successful at 160 but he would need to actually move up in weight as in putting on muscle and his current training and conditioning program isnt designed to do that nor do I think he would add in a strength coach. He could get that guy that helped hopkins go from 160 to 175.

I dont think he will ever do it, but it could be done. His style doesnt depend on power and his stamina is excellent. He could outbox all of those guys at 160 over 12 rounds. He just needs to close the weight gap a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by WitherGlove View Post
            Fact is Mayweather has never came in the ring over 151 on record. The only reason people want him to fight middle weights is because he really is that good. This is common knowledge that we all can research. But to answer the question only chance any of those guys have against mayweather is size. Ask yourself honest if those guys were welterweights would the idea of those fights even cross your mind?
            How can u say its a fact when he continuously refuses to weigh himself on fight night?

That being said as a Floyd hater I must say him fighting at MW is too much to ask for. We need a more even playing field. At a catchweight of 154 I would give him a good chance to beat GGG and he beats Quillin but I think he goes through hell against Martinez and gets Paquiao'd

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
              Mayweather is still small for a welter, he only gains a few pounds after the weigh in. When he fights at 154 he does it without putting on extra weight.

He could actually be successful at 160 but he would need to actually move up in weight as in putting on muscle and his current training and conditioning program isnt designed to do that nor do I think he would add in a strength coach. He could get that guy that helped hopkins go from 160 to 175.

I dont think he will ever do it, but it could be done. His style doesnt depend on power and his stamina is excellent. He could outbox all of those guys at 160 over 12 rounds. He just needs to close the weight gap a little bit.
              Pretty good summery bud , I agree its only a size thing , as for boxing ability he could beat them all easy if they were WWs , the only thing they have is they are a lot bigger and that would force him to fight like the version that beat Baldy I dont know if he still has the legs to be that mobile again , the Floyd of late cannot sit stationary giving away so much weight and strength away , Floyd is not even a true 154 fighter and like Jeff Mayweather said where does it end , he came from 130 and fights them at their healthy weight , and that " at their healthy weight " makes a world of difference .

Comment

No. Those guys are too big for floyd. If you think otherwise then you don`t know squat about this sport.

Comment

I don't think he can beat them. He may be a better boxer but fighting bigger guys is different especially to a guy that doesn't want to fight guys the same weight as him whhile they are in their prime.

Comment

I think possibly Quillin, but apart from that, all the others range from being good to being very good, couple that with a vast size difference and mayweather gets beat.

Comment

Peter Quillin, none of the other guys. Too big for Floyd, he's not exactly a big 147 lb guy, and the fights he's had at 154 he didn't even weigh in at the limit. People need to pump the brakes, he fought at 154 twice and they were purely for the money and draw. Cotto and DLH were pretty big money fights. He isn't campaigning at 154 because he isn't a 154 pounder. To think he'll beat 160 guys is laughable, the only reason I think he could maybe beat Quillin is because I think he's garbage

Comment

Working...
                      X