Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Darko Millic the worst draft pick EVER outside of Bowie?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adam is a way worse player than Darko tbh.

But in context yeah I could see how picking Darko over Bosh, Melo, Wade, and a plethora of other players makes it a more damaging pick for a franchise.

Comment

What about cake King, Kwame Brown? WTF MJ was thinking?

Comment

Michael Olowokandi? Passed on Nowitzki, Pierce, Jamison, Vince Carter, Bibby, and even Rashard Lewis was a second rounder.
        Last edited by Sweet Jesus; 06-21-2010, 12:23 AM.

Comment

In hindsight, Dumars screwed up.

But at the time that he had to make the pick, Darko's choice wasn't that bad at all.

The Pistons were looking for size to beef up their front to complement Ben Wallace.

Also, Joe wasn't the only one who was high on him.

There were other GMs willing to take him as high as Joe did.

An 18 yr old 7-footer, draining shots from the top of the key and rebounding like crazy.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
            Adam never played for the Bulls. He played For Charlotte before.

Adam has done ****. He was on the #2 all Rookie team, he got injured, then has done jack **** at all. Got traded, somehow won 2 rings. Career high of 11 PPG, but after that 4, 2, 2, and 1 PPG seasons. Darko over his career scores 2 less PPG, but does a whole bunch of other thing's better than Morrison
            Yeah I just saw that, my typo. Charlotte.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
              What about cake King, Kwame Brown? WTF MJ was thinking?
              You can't fault MJ for that pick.

Kwame Brown was getting tons of hype coming out of High School. Imagine a team passing on LeBron James who was the clear #1 pick in the 2003 draft. Kwame Brown was the clear #1 pick in that draft. He just didn't have the fire or the work ethic necessary to succeed. Its too easy for some of those guys to dominate High School without learning anything at all, or hardly even breaking a sweat. That's why the NBA came up with that rule, that you have to be 19 years old to get in the NBA. Too many High Schoolers jumping in the NBA and not amounting to anything in the professional league.

You give an 18 year old kid millions of dollars, obviously a lot of them aren't going to be motivated to become better.

Comment

Originally posted by yeks View Post
                put him in the celts and they could have won the 2010 championship..

the kid is a defensive big.. howard learn from him and yet people are so low on him..
                Darko > Howard.

Comment

Literally I don't know how I had Charlotte and Chicago confused.

Either way Dat Whiteboy.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by sigrab View Post
                    In hindsight, Dumars screwed up.

But at the time that he had to make the pick, Darko's choice wasn't that bad at all.

The Pistons were looking for size to beef up their front to complement Ben Wallace.

Also, Joe wasn't the only one who was high on him.

There were other GMs willing to take him as high as Joe did.

An 18 yr old 7-footer, draining shots from the top of the key and rebounding like crazy.

Hindsight is always 20/20.
                    On Detroit Radio shows the fans wanted Melo.....

A small number wanted Darko.

You cant pass on a scorer like Melo when your team cant score points..and we couldnt at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                      You can't fault MJ for that pick.

Kwame Brown was getting tons of hype coming out of High School. Imagine a team passing on LeBron James who was the clear #1 pick in the 2003 draft. Kwame Brown was the clear #1 pick in that draft. He just didn't have the fire or the work ethic necessary to succeed. Its too easy for some of those guys to dominate High School without learning anything at all, or hardly even breaking a sweat. That's why the NBA came up with that rule, that you have to be 19 years old to get in the NBA. Too many High Schoolers jumping in the NBA and not amounting to anything in the professional league.

You give an 18 year old kid millions of dollars, obviously a lot of them aren't going to be motivated to become better.
                      I remember that draft.

I liked Tyson Chandler and Gasol over Brown. Especially Chandler, even though hes not a superstar now. But damn Chandler was a freak in highschool.

Comment

Working...
                      X